19 | I'm Not Drunk

I can't remember if I've mentioned much about Laura's music career with how many albums she's put out, but I do talk about her relaxing only one in this chapter and she's working on the second. I don't know if I originally started with it and I'm way too lazy to go back and look, so I'm sticking with it only being one album out. Hopefully none of you get mad at me!
Enjoy💜

A Little Unsteady: 19 | I'm Not Drunk
| Laura Marano |

"Ross, come on!" I whine, yanking on his arms. Rocky hooked up his phone to the speakers they had around their house in the ceiling and was playing some songs off Spotify, and a really groovy song from Walk the Moon was playing, to which I wanted to dance too like the rest of them were doing, for the exception of Rydel who was putting our red velvet cheesecake swirl brownies in the oven.

"No." He replies, his straight face and all.

"Please?" I ask, still yanking on his arm.

"You were dancing just fine with them a few minutes ago." He tells me. I frown and stop yanking his arm.

"But it'll be more fun with you dancing, too." Our dancing was goofy, basically going around in a circle doing the random-est of dance moves to try and get a laugh out of us. And so far, it was working perfectly, except for the fact Ross won't get off his ass and dance with us. "What can I do to make you dance with us?" I ask, sliding my grip to his fingers.

"Nothing will." He says.

"Not even a small make out in your room later?" I question, a hint of a smirk on my face.

"Are you drunk?" He asks. I sigh and shake my head.

"I've had two glasses of wine; I'm not drunk. But I'm about to get shit faced so much that I'll puke in your bed because you're refusing-" Ross rolls his eyes and stands up. "Will you dance?" I ask, growing excited.

"Yeah, I'm not dealing with you shit faced, Laura." Smiling wide, I drag him to the group. "This is stupid." He mutters, doing the side step like Ellington was. With all 11 of us in the living room dancing around on their rug, I felt so happy in this moment.

"Let loose, Rossy!" I cheer, grabbing both his hands. Ross chuckles and let's me take control of his arms. Intertwining our fingers, I rock our arms back and forth and attempt to twirl me, which ended up with me yanking Ross close to me and me bumping into Rydel and Courtney. "Sorry!" I say, still holding onto Ross' hands. "Rossypoo, Rossypoo, give me a smile. Don't be all grumpy and go run a mile." He furrows his eyebrows at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

"You're so tipsy right now, your rhyming sucks." He says, a genuine smile on his face.

"It got you to smile." I say, smiling up at him. He untangles our fingers and just holds my right hand. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Twirling you." He replies, the smile still on his face. "Don't hit anybody." He says, right before twirling me. Laughing uncontrollably, I lose my footing and crash into his chest, hearing him explode with laughter himself. After a while, I pull away and wrap my arms around his neck, putting myself on my tippy toes. "I'm not gonna kiss you right now." He says, the smile still on his face. I lean my face closer to his and he chuckles as he stands up straighter. "My ex girlfriend is literally three feet away from us and not to mention, my siblings are here and only two of them are aware of us kissing recently." He was speaking quietly and slowly, seaming as if I was seriously drunk. And I'm seriously not. Like, at all.