CHAPTER 11

CHAPTER 11

SKYLER'S P.O.V.

Something's not usual in her. About her actions.

"Summer." I called at her.

"what?" She's still not facing me. Her head is just bowed down.

"look at me." I stared at her bowed head intently.

"i've already seen your perfect features. There's no need for it." She's being stubborn.

"just look at me." I demanded, twice.

"tsk! Just leave me alone, leave me with my business here!"

I put down the book. "look at me, damn it!" I pulled her chin up to face me.

My eyes wide and my jaw dropped.

"Summer, your face.." I mumbled. Her left cheek's swollen and still red. It's sore and the left edge of her lip is still bleeding fresh. She pulled away from me. But i pulled her chin to face me again. "what the hell, Summer. You should have shown this to me earlier! Before i brought them to the council's office and should have told Mrs. Vander to give them heavy detention." I can sense anger in my voice. She lowered her head at me. "i should have seen this." My voice is soft now.

"You shouldn't care." She turn away.

"i care." I picked up all the papers and books infront of her that is scattered. I threw the crumpled papers at the near trash bin.

"what are you doing? Give me that." I can sense she can't really stretch her jaw and can't talk freely. She's eating her words slightly.

"fixing your things." I reached up her bag before she can grab it. I put inside all her books, papers and her pen. I threw her bag at my left arm, picked her skateboard and grabbed her hand so she could stood up along with me. "i'll bring you to the clinic." I dragged her with me but she's being stubborn. No use refusing me. I can obviously carry her at my shoulder if i want to.

"i'm fine! You shouldn't care in this. You shouldn't care about me! This is not academical." She's pulling her hands out of mine but my grip only tightened more. I stopped and look at her. She's glaring at me.

"i care. Even if you don't want me to. And you're right, this is not academical, but i still care about you Summer. Just don't be so stubborn and come with me."

Her glare slowly turn into a vulnerable look. I even stared at her more. Summer Grant. Look so vulnerable in this moment. And i have a feeling that i should protect and take care of her. "let's go." I softly said. She followed me now without any protest.

Her head remained bowed down untill we reached the clinic. Clinic's at the other building. I entered first and i pulled Summer to follow me inside. I'm still holding her hand.

No one's at the entrance hall. I pressed the bell and nurse Claire appeared from her office.

"Mr. West." Greeted me with a warm smile. "You rarely come here. What's the deal?" Then she look at Summer. "you're back again Summer. And what's with the holding hands?" She eyes me suspiciously. Summer tried to pull her hands off me but i gripped it more.

"check her face." I said and pulled her closer to my front.

Nurse Claire stepped closer to us and held up Summer's chin. The nurse didn't even got any reaction in seeing it. Oh yeah, i just remembered. Summer's a regular patient here. I can always hear talkings that Summer often involved in fights here in school and even at the outside.