CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 40

        Shawn had hurried out of the house when he heard about Summer's accident. He's feeling frantic, scared, dread, panic, nervous, worry and fear at the same time. Shelly caught up to him. Blocking his way, he stopped infront of her.

        "what's going on, Shawn? You looked.. Petrified." She asked worriedly. Looking up at him.

        "S-Summer's been hit. She's at Health's Hospital. I need to go there." Really dreading to spoke out the words from his mouth.

        Shelly's stomach clenched from his words. "okay--"

        "-okay?! It's not okay!" Shawn snapped. "Summer got hit! My only daughter! Did you understand?!"

        "i got it, Shawn. Calm down first!"

        "how can i if my daughter's life's at the death's door?" He yelled frustratingly, panting. Brushing past her to his car.

        Shelly caught up to him, gripping his arm and blocking his way again.

        "Shawn, listen to me! You need to take care of yourself first, so calm down. How would you attend to Summer if you ended sprawled on a hospital bed again because of another highblood attack?" She pointed out.

        He stared at her and closed her eyes to take a deep breath. Making it normal again. But as he thinks of what happened to his daughter, fear and panick circulated in his body again. His nerves would get higher.

        "com'on, let's get to her." She tugged his hand and lead him to her car.

        Shelly automatically asked the receptionist about Summer. Shawn is frantic at her side.

        They rushed to the operating room. Shawn almost barged in but a male nurse and a police officer blocked his way. Stopping him.

        "that's my daughter!" Shawn pundered, desperate to see Summer.

        "sir, she's on operation right now." The nurse informed him.

        Shawn looked at the nurse. He stepped back. Shelly on his side. "tell me honestly, h-how bad is she?" Having a hard time making out the words. He really wished that the nurse would sugarcoat it because he don't really want to know how bad it is.

        The nurse directly look at him. With a hard eyes. Like he also don't want to tell the worst of it. "really bad." He finally replied.

        Shawn's body froze. He felt like going to faint. Shelly's grip in his arm tightened, her body tensed. Then she dragged him at the nearest chair, just outside the operating room.