CHAPTER 34

CHAPTER 34

        Summer stared at her friend. Narrowing her eyes like trying to analyze what Gianna had just said.

        You are inlove with him. Repeating it to her mind.

        You are inlove with him. Then her eyes got wide as she jumped out of her seat. The words finally sink in. "no! Oh my god! No way! No! I can't be! I can't!" She panicked, running both hands to her hair. Panicking like there's a fire. Hell! She prefer panicking for fire than falling inlove. She paced back n' forth.

        "well, you did." Gianna mumbled, looking so relax at the sofa. "after all, love's the only uncontrollable thing aside from death." She looked so smug. "stop panicking. Relax, Summer."

        "how can i be if i'm feeling like this?!" She snapped.

        "just accept it. You can do nothing." She munched a popcorn.

        Summer paused and looked back at her friend. Gianna raised her eyebrows. Summer narrowed her eyes at her.

        "maybe you're wrong." She pointed her friend accusingly.

        "maybe." Gianna repeated, emphasizing it. Half question, half statement. "in what you feel, is it really still maybe?" She cocked her head to the side.

        Summer looked away, sighed heavily as she robbed her face by her palm. Feeling like the most ridiculous situation in the whole world just landed on her. Shoulders slumped as she sat down carelessly beside her friend. Leaning her head, half laying, half sitting. Closing her eyes, praying she didn't feel just that.

        "what should i do?" She mumbled, more likely to herself.

        "how long did you realize your feelings had gone deeper, Summer?"

        She opened her eyes and look at her friend strangely. Summer shrugged. "how can i know? I just always find him wherever i am. Like he had a tracker for me."

        "or maybe you two are just meant to be." Gianna simply said.

        Summer eyed Gianna like she'd just grown two extra heads. "com'on." She rolled her eyes. "my life's not a movie, a fairytale, a novel, a story or a chicflic. This is reality. He's too much of all. Too handsome, too wealthy, too smart, too nice, too hot, too amazing, but of course too controlling. And we are too much not meant for each other."

        Gianna raised her eyebrows. "but i know you don't give a damn about them. Where's the Summer I know? Hmm?"

        "right, but all these seems a modern fairytale."

        "seems, Summer. But as you said, 'this is reality'. And reality, is all these." Gianna remarked sensely.