CHAPTER 36

CHAPTER 36

        "what the hell! We're playing a game!" Flint jerked away from Nathan's grip on his collar. Summer had stood up already. Staring at Nathan in disbelief. Like seeing a ghost. "and what's it with you if i'm kissing her? She's my girlfriend anyway." He added annoyingly. Grimacing at him.

        "don't kid on me. Didn't you heard what i said?" Nathan had stepped closer infront of Flint, face to face. Glaring at each other. Many had stood up at their group and give attention to them, even nearby people walked to them curiously. "i just said she's my girlfriend. Not yours." Nathan poked Flint's chest, mildly pushing him back.

        But Flint stood his ground. Clearly not surrendering. "she's mine." He gritted.

        "Summer." Nathan called. Narrowing his eyes at her. "would you explain to this lad, that you're my girlfriend?"

        What would she do? What should she do? How to explain this? Oh god! She can't breath freely. The air around them is suffocating her. Blinding her mind.

        "Summer, say it!" Nathan urged. He pulled her to him but she yanked away. Standing two steps from both of them at their sides.

        "i'm sorry." She breathlessly said, looking down.

        "what are you sorrying for?..." Nathan trailed off, realizing something. "are you cheating on me, Summer?" He hoped not.

        Everyone stilled around them, even their breathes. The music blaring seemed so far away and blocked by walls of discovery and revealations of the night.

        Summer felt the hope in his voice that his suspicion ain't true, mixed with hurt.

        "Summer.." Flint mumbled, controlling himself not to snap at her. "did you two-timed us?"

        She flinched at the tone of his voice and their questions. No escape. She have to face the trouble and damage she'd done. She heaved a deep breathe and looked up to them. Eyes back 'n forth at the two guys in front of her. Each have a hurt and menacing look at the same time.

        She felt her eyes watered. She bit her lower lip, gulping the building lump in her throat, she just hope her voice would not broke if she speaks. She gulped hard and can't look at them anymore so she threw her gaze at the floor.

        "yes." She mumbled lowly, enough for anyone near her to hear.

        Both sucked in sharp breath. Like a bomb just landed on their feet.

        "tell me, did i do something wrong?" Nathan's voice was low and broken as he asked her.

        She shook her head.

        "then why?!" He demanded. "why would you do this?!"