CHAPTER 46

CHAPTER 46

Shawn shot up from his seat and leaned down to Summer. His eyes are sparkling and his mouth could get ripped for smiling so widely.

"you're awake!" He exclaimed with obvious glee. His face had finally lighten up and he seemed alive and glowing again.

Summer managed to roll her eyes.

Then Shawn snatched the intercom beside the monitor and call the nurse immediately. Reporting that his daughter is finally awake.

"oh my god! Summer." He leaned down and kiss her forehead.

"water." She forced out. Her throat is so dry.

"wait a little, Summer. The doctors are coming to check on you." He said.

A doctor and a nurse barged in. They suddenly check her vitals. The doctor put a light on her eyes and said that they're fine.

"can you speak?" The doctor asked gently.

"water." She croaked again.

The doctor nodded to the nurse. "give her water."

The nurse obliged. He raised the incliner in her bed and give her the liquid.

After drinking, she cleared her throat.

"how are you feeling?"

"my head hurts and my body's like a marshmallow. I'm surprised i'm not mowed in what i'm feeling." She said, forcing herself to sit up. The nurse helped her. Her body seemed like heavy and very stiff.

"certainly from not having any exercise and not moving it."

"how can i do exercise if i'm passed out?" She asked sarcastically, raising one eyebrow. Her head throbbed but she can bear it.

"right. So why do you even asked?" The doctor bit back.

"you asked me how i'm feeling and i answered honestly."

"Summer, don't be sarcastic. You're fighting the doctor that's just checking on you." Shawn butted in. Shaking his head like he don't know what to do of her, but then he's just thankful that she's now awake and arguing instead of kicking.

"i'm temperamental when i overslept or underslept so bear with it." She huffed.

Shawn sighed. "she's just like that." He uttered to the doctor and nurse.

"that's okay. I remembered my seven year old niece in her." The doctor now smiled.

Summer turned to him again incredulously, like she found those words offending. Well, it really did offended her. "why would you compare me to a seven year old girl?"

"honey, because you're acting like one." Shawn replied to that. Summer's getting unbearable each minute. "save you're pent up manner for later."

Summer sighed audibly, not looking at anyone.

"now, do you remember everything?" The doctor, which is Mr. Derio engraved in his nameplate, asked.

"yes." Her voice is still a bit raspy.

"how about the incident?"

She look at him like he's dumb. "every-thing." She pronounced clearly.