CHAPTER 28

CHAPTER 28

        The trip to Summer's home is quiet. She's never spoken a word, just gazing outside the window.

        When they arrived, Summer immediately make herself out and walked to their lawn. Skyler followed her.

        "Summer."

        She's ignoring him again.

        "Summer." He pulled her forearm and made her face him. "i know you want to be alone." He looked down at her bluish-gray eyes. "but i can listen. I badly want to be with you when you're like this. So.. Please.. Just cry, let it out. I won't leave you." Cupping both her cheeks in his hands.

        "so much for being a classmate." She murmurred.

        "screw whatever i am in your life right now. I'm just here for you." He said sincerely. Eagerness in his face.

        Summer pulled herself from him and walked to the doorstep, there's a little stairsteps at it and she sat down on it. Skyler approached her.

        "you can pretend that i'm not here." He sat down beside her. They're still inches apart. "speak your mind if you want to."

        Summer just stared down. Face full of sadness. "i want to get drunk."

        "no." He opposed quickly. "take it all out soberly."

        She sighed. Just staring straight, not really seeing what's ahead. "i've been a very bad daughter, you know." She begin. Skyler's focus only at her. "i've been a worthless, useless, uncaring, disrespectful, selfish daughter... I've completely change since my mother died. Thought like the family's gone along with her. We haven't handled it normally. I haven't handled it good, i've gone good to bad to worst. I've taken it so badly. Haven't still fully recovered from it. It's just too unimaginable for me to happen... Then, my dad, i'd completely forgotten the means of his existence, i'd wholefully forgotten my means as a daughter, what we are to each other. I've been so wild, forgotten how to be with my father, lose time with him. So i didn't even know he had high blood for three years now. Can you believe that?" She looked at Skyler. Meeting his intense gaze at her. Water forming in her eyes. "i just found out this late afternoon after school that he have it." She returned her gaze ahead. "he doesn't really have plan in telling me. If his workmate haven't leaked his condition to me, i haven't even known that he was at the hospital. He's been admitted many times before. I can't even believe it to myself that i haven't have the slightest suspicion that he have health problems. I'm his daughter, he's my dad. Surely i should know that even he won't tell me. I believe that it gotten worst because of me. Hell, it all started because of me. I just always give him problems. I totally made his heart broken in all this years. I'm always out, ignoring him. I surely had been with my friends more, than him in all years of my existence though we live under the same roof. Sunday is our family day when mom was still alive. Dad always attempted to maintain it even if it's just the two of us after some weeks of the funeral. But i completely avoided it and ignored him. How ironic, I'm used to be a daddy's girl actually. I remember him just few months ago or always every Sunday if i'm not mistaken, he doesn't leave the house. To me i've been treating Sunday as one of the weekdays. He invites me to watch movie with him at the living room when i walk downstairs, but i just shrugged him off and walk out the house. He's been trying to keep our family alive and intact. But i'm making it worst.." She paused for a while and looked at Skyler. He's been listening the whole time. He looks at her when he felt her looking. "i don't want to lose him." She said hoarsely and right then, her tears fall from her eyes that she had been restraining since earlier. "i'm so afraid to lose him."