CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27

        Summer's walking straightly. Someone called her but her mind drifted so far away. Full of thoughts about her father and herself. Then he felt someone tugged her arm and she looked up to the person. Her eyes a little blurry because of tears that threatened to flow out but she managed to hold it. She pushed it back. The person looked familiar to her. She narrowed her eyes.

        "Summer.." He's saying her name. His voice even familiar. "Summer." Now he's holding both her shoulders and shaking her lightly. "Summer!" He shook her more.

        Then, gradually, her senses comes back. She feels like she's just woken up. "Skyler." She uttered lowly. Her near crying state had slowly vanished.

        Peircing ocean blue eyes gazing at her. "what happened to you? Are you alright?" He asked, concern visible on his tone and face.

        "i'm fine." She mumbled as she shoved past him.

        "no, you're not." He grabbed her wrist.

        Summer quickly pulled it and faced him. "leave me alone, will you? I haven't done anything wrong now and we're not in school so stop meddling at my concerns!"

        "yeah, you haven't done anything wrong. But you've been completely reckless and stupid just minutes ago! What were you thinking? Spacing out at the middle of the road and you've nearly been hit. I've nearly hit you!"

        "it didn't happen so get over it!" She hissed and turn to leave.

        "where are you going?" He grabbed her again, this time her arm.

        "anywhere." She mumbled not looking at him, getting back on her mindless state, face emotionless.

        He sighed. He knew this state of Summer. He had faced this side of her a long time ago after the fight with her father. She had a problem, or something's eating her, and it's a big deal.

        He pulled her and engulfed her in his arms. She hadn't protested but she hadn't hugged back either.

        "what are you doing, Skyler?" She asked.

        "isn't it obvious? I'm embracing you."

        "why?"

        "i know you have heavy emotions right now and i know you're not good at it."

        "shut up and let me go." She's not even pulling herself from him.

        "you can cry if you want to."

        "in the middle of the sidewalk? No way!"