CHAPTER 31

CHAPTER 31

        "what do you mean 'again'?" Shawn asked directly when the phone call ended.

         Shelly took a deep breath, stood up and sit beside him at the sofa, taking her hand off his cheek and place it above his hand where his holding hers.

        "there is that one time when i visited Skyler late at night because i have something to give to him from his mother. I saw some sprawled blanket and pillows at his living room couch. He noticed i'm looking at it and he explained that he have a guest sleeping at his bed. Then i run to his bedroom door to confirm my suspicion and i'm right, it's a girl. If it's a boy they can just share his bed because they both have the same gender. I walked closer to the bed to see her face. Her body covered by the sheet. Skyler's just behind me. Then i notice the girl is familiar. Like i had seen her before, not personally but in a picture. I asked him what's her name and that's when i found out why she seemed so familiar because the girl sleeping in Skyler's bed is the same person in the photos you're showing me. It's Summer. I didn't interogate him more because i feel he's tired so i let him off the hook."

        Shawn, still overwhelmed hearing it. But he's glad his daughter was safe. That might be the night he found out she betrayed him.

        "trust me, you can trust Skyler." She patted his shoulder. "i would really love it if the two ended together." She said with a cheerful voice and smiled. She left the part where she found Summer's clothes sprawled at the floor. She actually panicked at that but Skyler assured her he hadn't done anything. That Summer took if off herself after he walked out of the room directly. She's smart enought not to tell Shawn about it or he would gone nuts.

        Shawn cleared his throat. "not yet time for that." He just settled with his daughter and he want her to spend more time with him not yet with any other guys. They had lost so many years and he want to make it up together with her.

        Shelly's face returned serious and worried. "so.. is it really serious?" Shawn looked at her confused in what she's pointing about. "her emotional issues." She pointed.

        His face changed in fear and concern. Taking a deep breath, he replied, "yes. Just like Shaira, she have it. I can tell you, this is just nothing compared to what her state when her mom died." Remembering the memory, it brought him fatal pain again. Seeing his daughter like that. "she blamed herself for her mom's death. She'd lock up herself in her room, i'd been pleading her to open her door but she won't. I gave her time. But it's been to much when she's been two days straight locked up in her room. I don't even know if she have food in there or might have killed herself already. So i broke her door and found her sitting on her bed, hugging her knees, eyes open but she seemed blind. She's pale and thinner, her young face looked so tired and raised up more age. She's the very opposite of the Summer we raised. She hadn't even flinched when i touched her. She's completely oblivious. Her senses shut down. Like she's in coma but her eyes are just open, unseeing. I shook her but she won't woke up from her mind. So i called in a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist told me, she's suffering in trauma and said i should be thankful she hadn't taken a sleep or else.." A tear rolled down his cheeks. Seeing her daughter so broken back at that moment. Shelly pulled him to her and rubbed his back. "or else she won't wake up for a while. Under in complete mental shut down. That's how bad her emotional state could take her. That's why i'm letting her free to do what she wants. But not yet with other boys. But what can i do? I can't detect her every move."