Chp. 5 "Undeniable Feelings"

I was currently following Avery to her house and I was a nervous wreck. Everything about this girl intimidated me because she was just so perfect… and I wasn’t. I mean, I wasn’t a horrible person, I was pretty decent. I was good looking at least; I wasn’t as outgoing and out there like she was but… I was okay.

I continued to follow her, stopping at a red light and trying to play it cool. I knew she could see me through her rearview mirror and the last thing I wanted her to see was me singing along badly to my favorite song.

Then soon we were driving slowly through a neighborhood and Avery led me through the curves and turns, finally ending up on a gravel road. Then she started going a little faster, allowing me to take in the beautiful scenery this place had. The gravel road was surrounded with large oak trees that overhung the road, like giant wood arches that allowed warm sun rays to peek through the gaps of the leaves.

It was pretty mesmerizing.

Then finally I saw a house come into view, knowing this had to be it. I followed her up the paved drive way and parked next to her, taking in her nice sized house. I stepped out my car and looked up, “Nice house.”

She forced a slight smile, making me feel as if I had offended her, “Thanks… I’ll show you around.”

I followed her to her door as she unlocked it, letting me know no one was home besides us. She opened the door and an unfamiliar but pleasant scent filled my senses. Her house smelt clean, like lemon Pledge and a nice perfumed fragrance…

But it was like no one lived here.

Everything was in its place, the floors were sparkling, and everything seemed to be permanent in its spot. I followed her upstairs to what I guessed was her room and she opened the door, which led me to believe this was most likely the only room that seemed to be used in the house. Her bed was a little messy but it looked decent and comfortable, her fluffy white and sky blue comforter catching my eye.

She threw her booksack onto the floor and looked at me, “Want a tour?”

I shrugged, “If you want to.”

She smiled, as if she wasn’t expecting that response as she nodded towards the door, “Follow me.”

She jogged downstairs and through the back door, leading us to an outdoor pool and a huge wooden deck. She opened the latch of the gate leading us further into a big pasture of land and that’s when I saw where she was leading me.

There was a huge barn that stood quite a bit of walking distance away from her house but walking with Avery wasn’t a problem. She sighed, “I usually don’t show people this part of my house but… you seem different.”

My heart kind of warmed at her response as I smiled, “Well thanks.”

She looked back at me, her beautiful eyes glistening as her reddish brown hair swept around her face. She looked like a frikkin model I swear, and I let my eyes travel down her back and over her perfect legs. She was oblivious to how much I was infatuated with her and her personality, she was just too perfect. She didn’t realize that but I was already falling head over heels for her and I barely even knew anything about her.