Chp. 6 "Change of Plans"

I was eager to get back to Avery as soon as I left her house Tuesday night and now Max and I were making our way back to school. The week was only halfway through but spending time with Avery last night had been extremely fun. I enjoyed her company, and from what I could tell she enjoyed mine as well.

I sighed, “So… last night, I think me and Avery almost kissed.”

“Oh, and I missed this?”

I laughed, “I’m not a hundred percent sure but… it felt awfully intimate.”

I stopped at a stop light and looked over at him, seeing a sly smirk on his face. He wiggled his eyebrows, “I think she likes you too, I saw the way she looked at you yesterday.”

I started back towards school wondering if he was right about Avery. Maybe she did like me a little more than a friend…

And I didn’t find anything wrong with that.

I pulled up into the usual parking lot, looking for Avery’s car but coming up short, maybe she was late. Me and Max exited my car and started making our way to science, leaving my mind to wonder about Avery’s perfect self.

I sat alone at the desk and waited patiently for Avery to walk through the door. I was growing quite anxious as I watched the door opening, waiting to see her soft reddish brown hair and those amazing eyes of hers. I was excited to talk to her again and possibly regain my confidence from last night, hoping that if and when I went over again I could make a move.

Then finally she walked through the door, her hair in loose waves as they fell over her shoulders. She moved smoothly around the other people and the desks and finally joined me, “Morning.”

I smiled, “Hey.”

She looked at me, “So are we finishing our project today?”

I nodded, “Sounds good to me.”

She faced forward and for some reason it seemed as if something was off today. Had I offended her last night? Or was she getting freaked out because she knew I was gay and kind of came close to kissing her last night?

I felt as if I had done something wrong but I wasn’t sure what. I mean, she couldn’t really blame me for not kissing her last night, but if she was mad about that then maybe she was a little heart broken.

There was just no way she was disappointed that I didn’t kiss her, I mean we barely knew each other.

Then again maybe she could’ve been having the same feelings I was having for her. So if she would’ve pulled away when I was dying to kiss her I would be a little upset too.

But I felt bad, and she was quite, and I was just praying it wasn’t my fault.