Chp. 12 "Oops"

Chp. 12 "Oops"

That night had sucked after I had left Avery’s. I had expected her to give me some sort of sign to let me know she liked me but nothing happened.

Maybe this whole crush is just a waste of time. Maybe she didn’t even like me like that and I was just making a fool out of myself.

I had lain in bed thinking about how that day had went from pretty ok to shit and it depressed me. I had tossed and turned, unable to fall asleep because my mind was wide awake. I had also been thinking about everything Blaine had told us and I was tempted to try to get more answers out of him tomorrow.

And possibly my parents.

But first I would go through the old photo albums, just to see if there were any holes in anything. I mean, if I was really their kid they would have those hospital photos everyone had from the hour they were born. There was no way you could fake a picture like that.

And if there wasn’t one or if I had any doubt I would confront my parents.

I was just unsure of how to approach it.

~ ~ ~ ~

Friday morning came soon enough and I didn’t want to get out of bed. I didn’t want to face Avery or my parents and possible the ugly truth. I just wanted to stay in my bed the entire day, but I knew I couldn’t do that.

Avery needed me there in class.

I had picked up Max but ever since yesterday everything had been kind of weird. We were both freaked out over the information we had heard from Blaine and we didn’t know how to deal with it.

Max sighed, “Look, I know everything is getting weird and we’re finding out stuff that’s just a bit weird but… that doesn’t mean we can’t deal with it. We’re a team Andy, we’ve always been a team... and we can’t let this stuff scare us away.”

I glanced at him, wondering where this had come from, “But Max, it’s not you they want to capture and torture… it’s me.”

“And? Doesn’t mean they’ll ever catch you Andy. We’re a powerful team.”

“I just… I don’t know how to go about this.”

“You don’t have to go in alone.”

I smiled, knowing that Max would always have my back no matter how crazy our lives would get. He was right, we were a team, and we were a damn good one.

I nodded, “You’re right, it’s not like anything has to happen now, just whenever we’re ready.”

“We need to start somewhere Andy.”

“Like where?”