Chp. 46 "The Truth Sucks"

Chp. 46 “The Truth Sucks”

The sound of an alarm going off woke me, causing me to groan in denial as I realized where I was. Everything that had happened yesterday came flooding back into my head and I realized where Avery and I would be heading soon. Avery moved next to me and stirred under my arms, making me realize that she was still completely naked from last night.

The only good part of yesterday.

She seemed to understand what exactly was going to happen immediately after she opened her eyes, and she was still on edge. Although we had a good night last night, she was still extremely nervous about today. I couldn’t blame her, honestly, but I could relate because I too, was extremely nervous.

We lifted ourselves off of the bed and I told her I was going to my room to change clothes and do my daily morning routine. She dismissed me and I did so, changing and doing everything I needed to before realizing we soon needed to make it up to the lab. I just needed time to think alone, and with being with Avery while depressed and worried about the same thing, at the same time, in the same room just wouldn’t work out well.

I was scared, and I was sad, because I knew there was something wrong with Avery, I just didn’t know if it was something I needed to worry about. I still hadn’t grasped the thought that she might as well have the BD3, and I figured it was because I refused to think about it. Now I was thinking about it, and immediately I felt panic over what exactly I was going to do.

I couldn’t lose her.

I heard a low knocking on my door and I figured it was Avery, so I rushed to open it. I swung open the door only to see Roger standing there, looking really tired and worn down. He smiled slightly, “Ready?”

I nodded, “Yea, lemme get Avery,” I opened her door and saw her sitting on her bed. This scared me, a lot, and I sat down next to her, “You ok?”

She nodded slightly, “I feel really nauseas, and I can’t seem to get the sleep out of my eyes.”

I felt my breath catch in my throat, remembering all of the early onset symptoms of the disease. Extreme nausea and blurred vision, but if she was sick she should be running fever. I placed my hand on her forehead, feeling a scorching sensation against my skin.

I stood, not even giving myself time to think, “Come on, we need to go.”

She was pulled behind me as I walked out of her room, meeting up with Roger and realizing he looked like he hadn’t slept last night. I figured that was going to be how I looked soon enough, because the way Avery’s symptoms were adding up, it wasn’t good.

We stepped into the elevator, this time allowing me to jab the button that was labeled Lab. The elevator shifted up, and soon we were looking out onto the 4th floor.

The lab looked the same, more doctors this time, but other than that everyone looked completely normal. Then as all of their eyes shifted to us their looks changed from busy to hysterical. Suddenly a mask was placed over Avery’s mouth and nose, and she was guided away from me and into a narrow hallway. I tried to follow her but I felt a tight grip on my arm, disallowing me to follow the doctors with Avery. I tugged, “I want to go.”