Chp. 15 "What's Next?"

The next day came slowly and I was still lying in my bed by lunch, not really knowing how to go about this. I knew Max and Avery wanted to hang out today but I was still too shocked to think about anything besides last night.

And soon I received a text from both of them.

They wanted to hang out soon, which only meant I had to come back to reality. I had gotten dressed quickly, fixing my hair and throwing on some casual clothes before heading downstairs. My parents usually worked till lunch so they weren't home, which I was grateful for because I didn't want to face them.

I also still had the number to contact my real parents in my pocket, and I was bringing it for proof to Max and Avery.

And I was currently on my way to pick Avery up at her house.

The kiss had been completely amazing, the feelings I got when our lips had met were so new and amazing. I had never felt that good while being with someone and knowing she felt the same way only made me feel more amazing.

She was just amazing.

I started down the familiar gravel road, seeing her house coming into view slowly. My heart began racing just thinking about her. I pulled up into her drive way and honked, letting her know I was here.

Then the door opened, revealing a familiar face as I watched her walk towards my car. Her tight jeans and her boots that hit lightly against the concrete, like she was walking on air. Her hips moved and her face was bright, making my eyes linger on her body just a tad longer than normal.

She sat next to me in the passenger seat and smiled, "I saw you checking me out."

I looked over to her, realizing just the sight of her had lifted my mood extremely. I smiled, "Do you blame me?"

She shrugged, "No."

I laughed then, heading out of her driveway and towards Max's house. I didn't want to bring up last night with my parents yet because I wanted Max with us first. I glanced at Avery who was looking out the window, her eye lashes glowing in the bright sunlight. I wondered a lot what she was thinking about whenever she was with me, but in a way it was mysterious, and it made me like her even more.

If that was even possible.

I pulled up into Max's drive way only to see him waiting for me, seeing Avery in the front seat and rolling his eyes. He opened the back door, "Guess I've been kicked out of my shotgun position?"

Avery looked back at him and I expected her to return a snide remark but she didn't, "If you want it back all you have to do is ask... Maxwell."

I laughed out loud at her calling him by his full name and Max's face stayed straight, leaning back in his seat, "You can keep it."

I smiled, pulling out of the driveway, "I think you guys are gonna be good friends."

Max sighed heavily, "Yea, right."

Then my mind wandered to the piece of paper in my pocket, letting me know I had to come back into reality. I spoke again, "Ok so... I talked with my parents last night..."

I knew Max had a slight idea as of why but Avery didn't so this was going to be a little bit of a shock to her. Max answered, "What happened?"

"I was right, I'm adopted."

Avery gasped dramatically, "What?"

"It's a long story... but my parents knew I was going to have powers, they knew the entire time Max. They even know my real parents, they're friends with them."