Chp. 60 "A Much Needed Talk"

Chp. 60 “A Much Needed Talk”

I was instantly back in my room, wondering how on earth I could be so stupid as to think someone like Taylor would be coming onto me. I mean she was like 24, which wasn’t really that old, but anyways. She was gorgeous, I mean absolutely gorgeous, and I was probably just some teenage girl that had a lot of power to her. I wasn’t much to her, and she knew I had a girlfriend, so I seemed to be a waste of time to her.

But what about all the stares, and the touches, and the random meetings we had together? And the way she looked at me screamed that she was looking for something more than friendship.

Or was I just losing my mind?

I paced around my room frantically, trying to straighten it up as I also tried to distract myself from the embarrassing thoughts. I looked at the clock then, realizing it was already 9:30, and Avery should be up by then.

She was a morning person.

I ran my hand through my hair nervously, wondering if I should go in there and try to talk to her. I knew she understood I needed space from her, but I never told her how long, and I knew she was going to give it to me for however long I needed.

But I didn’t want to have to be the one to talk to her.

I sat on my bed then, burying my face in my hands as I tried to figure everything out. I felt the want to be with Taylor and possibly apologize for something I had no idea about, and then I felt the need to talk to Avery.

I never realized how depressed I really was until I was completely alone and it was just me and my thoughts. And right now I felt low, and hurt, and betrayed, because I loved Avery, and I had no idea if she really loved me.

Then I heard a light knock on my door, and for some reason I felt my heart beat pick up. It could be one of three people, and one of which I prayed it wasn’t her. Or it could be Max, coming to see if I wanted to work out with him, but then again it was 9:30 and there was no way he was up.

So it had to be either Taylor or Avery, and for some reason I didn’t know which one I wanted it to be.

I walked to the door and unlocked it, opening the door and seeing the familiar face of Avery, and for some reason I was slightly let down. Had I wanted it to be Taylor after all? Or was I just still upset over what Avery did to me?

She looked tired, and her eyes were puffy, which let me know she had been crying. I felt bad, honestly, but she should’ve cried all night knowing what she hid from me for so long. She barely whispered, “Hey, I was wondering if you were up.”

Her eyes slowly took in my attire, allowing her to see I had actually been up quite a while, but she didn’t have to know where I’ve been.

I nodded, “Yea.”

She bit her lip, as if she was afraid to say something to me because I might just lash out at her again. I know I had scared her yesterday, with the whole flickering of the lights and me getting upset and all. She was actually refusing to step any closer to me, and I knew it was because she was afraid, and for some reason this kind of hurt me.