Chp. 76 "Welcome Home"

Chp. 76 “Welcome Home”

“Are you sure you have everything?”

I looked at Avery in annoyance, wondering why she babied me so much. I mean sure, I had been through some traumatic shit within the last month of my life but I was still capable of packing my stuff to leave.

I responded, “Yes Avery.”

I threw the last of my clothes into my bag, zipping it up and walking over to my nightstand. I picked up my phone and everything I had sitting on it, including the pictures of Avery and I in the photo booth. I smiled, feeling Avery stand behind me and wrap her arms around my stomach, “Those girls are super sexy together, don’t you think?”

I smiled, blushing at her breath in my ear. I responded sarcastically, “The blonde’s pretty hot, but I don’t know about the other one.”

Avery puffed in my ear, letting me know I had gotten under her skin. She pushed me back onto the bed, crawling on top of me and pinning my hands above my head. I felt myself grow hot, and I internally thanked my sarcastic humor for the response I had given her.

She brought her lips down to mine and whispered, “You’re right, the blonde is pretty hot.”

Her lips sealed mine immediately and I felt my skin tingle under her touch. I closed my eyes, allowing her to take control over me because I was literally too tired to play her sexual games. It was late, and we were going to have to wake up pretty early tomorrow to catch our flight back to Jacksonville.

She stopped kissing me and pulled back, allowing her to see the tiredness that was overtaking me. She tilted her head, “You’re tired.”

I frowned slightly, wishing I wasn’t so I could make love to her, but the way I felt right now that just wasn’t going to happen.

I gave her a sad pout, “I’m sorry.”

She fell on top of me, groaning, “But I want you so bad!”

I laughed at her childishness moans of disproval as we both turned on our sides to view each other. I ran my hand through her hair which was in a pony-tail, and noticed she looked just as tired as me. Although, I knew Avery could keep herself awake for hours if she really wanted to.

I just wasn’t that lucky.

I cupped her face, “It’s been a long day, and we have to wake up early. But don’t believe for one second that I don’t want you, because that’s not true.”

She climbed on top of me again, straddling my waist as she peered down at me, “A quickie then? Please? It’s just… it’s the first time I’ve seen you without that weird bandage thing on your head and you’re just extremely attractive.”

I crossed my arms, “You didn’t think I was sexy with my head wrapped?”