Chp. 13 "Revelation"

I stared at Max, honestly confused, "What?"

"He's gone. He wasn't in English class and when I asked the teacher where he was he said he had transferred out of the system this morning."

I felt my heart hurt internally, knowing we would be on our own from now on. I shook my head, "You think it was because of yesterday?"

He shrugged, leaning back in the passenger seat, "I have no idea... but I don't think it's a good thing."

I shook my head, not responding because I didn't know what to say. Then I saw Max's eyes travel to Avery as he noticed she was in the back seat, "Why is she here?"

Ave huffed, "Well hey to you too."

I looked at Max, knowing I needed to tell him, "She saw."

I knew he knew exactly what I was talking about and his face changed to disappointment. He shook his head, raising his hands, "Didn't Blaine tell you just yesterday not to show anyone?"

I shrugged, "It was sort of an accident, besides, it's just Avery."

Then I felt her shove me in the shoulder, "Really, just Avery? You guys are making me feel so welcomed."

I started my car, "Please... Avery, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into."

"Are you going to kill me?"

I rolled my eyes, "No, for the second time."

"Then it's not a big deal, let's go."

I pulled out of the parking lot and down the street, heading towards the infamous spot Max and I knew so well. We haven't been there since my incident but I knew we should probably clean up everything we left.

Max sighed, "I forgot to tell you, my brother is coming in from college a little bit before we graduate. He's graduating to this year."

I knew Max's brother almost as well as I knew Max but I had completely forgotten about him. Max's family story is a bit complicated though, and lately I hadn't had time to think about anything other than what the hell I was going through.

Max had an older brother who was 22, his name was Gage Davidson and he and Max had the same father and mother. Their father died not to long after he moved here in a freak accident at work and it had crushed Max, but I was here for him. It was one of the many reasons he and I were so close, but it had taken a toll on him. His dad had also been able to control electricity like Max but Gage... well he never got lucky enough to develop any powers.

It was an odd case but apparently it had skipped over him and Max had been blessed with the powers, but Gage never was.

I looked at Max, "So you're gonna tell him about what's been going on?"

"If it gets serious enough."

Avery's voice joined in soon, "What are you guys talking about?"

I pulled up to the familiar door as Max got out and I sighed, "I'll explain everything if today isn't too much for you."

"I'm a big girl."

Then Max shocked the keypad and the door began opening and I looked back at Avery who was wide eyed in my back seat. I smiled, "So it's not too much?"