Chp. 39 "Deep Thought"

Chp. 39 “Deep Thought”

My phone alarm’s obnoxiously loud tone awoke me, bringing me to realization of last night. I could feel Avery’s naked skin against me, which never failed to send chills down my spine. The haunting thoughts from last night resurfaced then, consuming me once again as I forced myself up and out of Avery’s warmth.

I heard her stir as I walked slowly around the room, attempting to my travel bag for my day’s clothes. I found some jeans short and a flowy shirt which would allow me to dress for comfort today.

Then I turned to Avery who let out a stifled moan as she stretched. The morning sunlight danced on the smooth skin of her back while the white covers only covered her lower body. She was lying on her stomach, but this was the sexiest thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

Her reddish brown hair fell over her bare shoulders and onto the mattress and her hazel eyes bored into mine. She smiled, “Morning baby.”

I felt my heart flutter in my chest as I walked coolly over to her, kissing her right on the lips. I spoke, “Time to get up,” in all honesty I wasn’t in the lovey-dovey mood this morning, which was odd for me considering what went down last night.

She groaned, “Can we skip breakfast and just have morning sex instead?”

This comment only made me smile harder as I tilted my head, slipping on underwear and my jeans shorts. I knew I would need to play along with her to keep her suspicion as ease, so my smile faded into a slight playful smirk. I responded, “We don’t have enough time for the things I would like to do to you.”

This got her attention, but I pulled her up and out of the bed before she could respond. We didn’t have long, only about 45 minutes to get dressed and eat breakfast, then we would check out and hit to road.

So Avery and I got dressed, and then joined Max and Gage to go downstairs and eat breakfast in the breakfast hall.

I sipped on my coffee as I continued to eat the muffin I had picked out from the table. I was glad they had this because honestly, waking up this early without coffee would’ve killed me. After we finished eating I was ready to go, and I had even offered to drive for Gage since he was feeling a little under the weather.

Soon we all gathered in the Tahoe and typed in our next destination, allowing the pink trail to pop up on the GPS. Gage and Max made themselves comfortable in the back while Avery took my hand, and then we were off.

I squeezed Avery’s hand and pulled out of the parking lot, “West Virginia, here we come.”

~ ~ ~ ~

We had been on the road for almost three and a half hours, and the sun was almost directly above us. I checked my left rearview mirror, making sure switching lanes was safe and put on my blinker, merging into the other lane. We still had about an hour and a half to go but we were making great time. I was pretty sure we were going to get there slightly earlier than we had planned.