Chp. 64 "Round Two"

Chp. 64 “Round Two”

Morning came quickly, and although I knew today was of importance, I had the hardest time pulling myself out of bed. I was playing back everything Walker had explained to us last night, and I continued to go over every detail of the plan. I wanted to have it completely memorized, just so I could be sure I wouldn’t forget to do anything.

I was just nervous, because I knew the plan involved a huge risk towards everyone’s life now, and I didn’t want to be the cause of someone actually dying.

Life was precious, and even though I took mine for granted now because I could, I wasn’t taking anyone else’s. I couldn’t die but my friends could, and if that happened because I made the slightest mistake, well then I would never be able to live with myself.

And I was pretty convinced I would go insane.

I turned in my bed, moving over Avery and glancing at the clock that read 12:25, letting me know we had slept extremely late. I knew it was because we had stayed up past 3:00 last night but it was time to get up, we needed to eat lunch.

And I needed to get ready for Taylor and I’s second training session.

Avery groaned as I moved her, and I smiled at the cute sound. She looked up at me and forced her eyes open, “Why are we up?”

I spoke, “Because it’s 12:30 and I’m starving, plus I have training today.”

Avery moaned out in frustration again, “Fuck training with that narcissistic bitch, I can train you better than she can.”

I felt bad thinking back on the time Taylor and I had been to our old spot back in Jacksonville, and how Taylor was the one refusing to allow her and I to have a moment. If she wouldn’t have been so strong-minded we might just have kissed, and this realization made me feel guilty.

I had been vulnerable there, and I knew if she wouldn’t have left me I would’ve continued flirting with her.

I sighed, “Avery, can we please just get lunch?”

She saw I wasn’t in the mood to talk about Taylor and she forced herself out of my bed. We got dressed fairly quick, and I was soon banging on Max and Gage’s door for them to join us. They dressed quickly after Max ended his protest of getting out of bed, and soon we were making our way to the cafeteria.

I had no idea where Taylor wanted to meet to train today, but I was still fairly nervous about our meeting. I knew the feelings I had weren’t going to go way on their own, and being with Taylor only made them worse. I liked her, I knew that much, but I also loved Avery, and the conflict in my heart was wearing me out.

I was just really confused over her.

Then of course when walked into the cafeteria there was Roger and Taylor, along with a couple other unfamiliar people. Taylor’s eyes immediately caught mine, and then took in Avery’s figure next to me. I watched as she shifted in her seat as I followed Max and Gage to where all the food options were available.