Chp. 53 "Shocking Information"

Chp. 53 “Shocking Information”

I stared unsurely at Agent Berkley, gawking at how beautiful she was and asking her silently if she had a plan to get out of here. Sure, I really did feel bad internally for thinking the way I did about her when I accidentally stumbled upon her in the elevator, but I loved women.

So you couldn’t blame me.

I had been in an elated mood, and I was excited to tell my friends that there was finally a cure for this disease. I wasn’t a shallow bitch, but because I was simply attracted to women, and she was obviously a woman. So when I had seen her I couldn’t help but check her out a little bit.

Ok, maybe it was more than a little bit, but that’s not the point.

And now I was anxious, and I wanted out of this damned elevator. I paced around, suddenly feeling claustrophobic at this very moment when I looked at Agent Berkley. Was I really stuck in an elevator with this goddess of a woman, only moments after leaving my girlfriend’s side?

I was fucked up.

I felt guilty all of a sudden, and I leaned against the metal wall of the elevator once again, attempting to calm my heart rate. Berkley seemed to be a little on edge, and then she huffed in exasperation, “I can’t just sit here, they might need me out there.”

I looked at the door, “Unless you can pry that thing open with superhuman strength, I don’t believe we’ll be going anywhere.”

She smirked slightly then, walking slowly over to me and holding out her hand, “Touch me.”

My heart fluttered at her words, and I knew she didn’t mean it the way it sounded, but it was extremely sexy hearing it. I looked into her light brown eyes and smiled shyly, placing my hand in hers curiously. There was no time to think. I began to question her then, “What-?”

Then all of a sudden there was a dizzy feeling in my head, and for a split second I had seen nothing but a flash of white. It felt as if we had been floating in midair for that second too, and then my feet were soon back on solid ground. When we landed I fell into a soft body, who caught me and held me upright.

I looked up into Berkley’s eyes, “What the-?”

“Teleportation,” she smiled, letting me go and straightening her ruffled skirt, “Sorry I should’ve told you before.”

I was still completely shocked and caught off guard, so all I could do was nod. Then I realized that I had touched this woman, and I had been too distracted to ask her if she had any powers before I shook her hand. I groaned in response, realizing I had gained another power once again, causing Agent Berkley to question, “You ok? Made you sick?”

I shook my head, “I have Power Absorption.”

Her eyes widened in response, and I knew she hadn’t been aware at all of what I was actually capable of. She muttered, “Holy shit, I didn’t know-“