Chp. 77 "A New Beginning"

~ FOUR MONTHS LATER ~

"Is this going to be all for you?"

I nodded in agreement to the cashier, taking my things as I handed her my money. I grabbed my bag that held the bouquet of flowers and I held my balloons too, "Thank you."

"Who's birthday?"

I smiled, "My best friend's."

She waved me off, "Have a good day."

"You too."

I hustled out the store and to my car, placing everything in my backseat as I sat in the front seat. I made my way over to my apartment where I would pick up Avery to head to our final destination. I felt the familiar aching in my heart knowing Max wouldn't be here to celebrate but that didn't mean we couldn't.

We would celebrate for him.

I pulled up into our apartment complex, honking as I waited for Avery to come outside. I was excited for her to see everything I had gotten at the store, hoping it would be enough. I didn't want it to be any less than expected.

She climbed inside my car eventually, looking at the backseat, "Awe, that's really good Andy. You're so sweet."

I smiled, "Ready?"

"Let's go."

I pulled out and down the street, heading down the route I was familiar with from all the times I had driven here. Avery broke the silence, "God this Philosophy class is going to kill me. I have a paper due in two days I haven't even started."

I laughed, knowing she sounded just like me, "You and me both, I have a Psychology test tomorrow and I haven't even cracked open my book yet."

"College sucks, I don't know why you wanted to go."

I smiled at her sarcasm, wondering if she really meant what she had said. I looked at her, "You were planning to go to college before you met me."

"I know. I was just messing with you."

I rolled my eyes, stopping at a red light and looking at Avery, "How's your dad liking his new job?"

"He loves it, and he'll be down this weekend to see Chris before he leaves again to head back to school."

I remembered how Chris had started going to school for some engineering job, knowing he wanted to work with all kinds of military machinery and junk. Avery was proud of him, and I was proud of him, along with Avery's dad.

Avery's family was slowly mending themselves back to normal.

"So Teal's finally moved into her new house?"

I nodded, "Yea, she finished Tuesday actually."

Avery's hand squeezed mine as she leaned back in her seat and sighed, "How awesome is it that she moved all the way from Louisiana to Jacksonville?"

I smiled, remembering how I had helped my mom unpack her things as the U-Haul dropped most of it off. We actually didn't even need help considering we both had telekinesis, which was a good money saver considering we didn't have to hire movers.

"It's amazing."

Avery looked at me and smiled, "She loves you so much."

I nodded in agreement, realizing my life just really couldn't get any better right now, other than this Psychology class I was taking at FSU. My biological mother now lived ten minutes from my real home, which was only ten minutes away from Avery and I's apartment. We were both attending college in hopes to start a new life while we went to school full time and work part time.