Chp. 58 "Old Wounds"

Chp. 58 “Old Wounds”

After hanging up with Agent Walker I had no idea what my next step should be. I was too furious at Avery and too confused over Walker that I felt as if I should stay up here a little bit longer. The last thing I wanted to do was go downstairs and accidentally run into Max and have to explain what Avery had told me.

Or worse, I could end up running into Avery.

One thing was for sure though, I needed to find Roger and tell him about the call I had just received. If I was bringing anyone along it would be him.

I decided I should head back downstairs, deciding I would go into the Office Sector and search for Roger, considering that’s where he spent most of his time.

I took two flights down and opened the door, walking into the giant floor that held cubicles, desks, and offices. I had no idea where Roger could be in this place, but everyone seemed to be busy and ignoring me, so I decided to just walk around and look.

I paced slowly through the narrow hallways of the cubicles, hearing phones ringing and printers printing. It was just like an office, and the more I looked around the more I realized these were all Agents like Roger, filing paper work and investigating people.

It was pretty cool.

Then I heard my name, “Andrea?”

I looked up, already knowing who it was by the sound of her voice. I peered into those haunting brown eyes, realizing it was Agent Berkley.

Of course she would be here.

“Taylor, hey,” I didn’t really know what to say, but I figured she might know where Roger might be if I asked her.

She responded, “What are you doing up here?”

I shrugged, “Looking for Roger.”

She smiled slightly then, seeming to be happy that she was able to help me out. She spoke, “Follow me.”

And I did, this time allowing my eyes to drink in her figure. She was really something else, with her tones legs and her shaped butt. She smelt great too, and I figured it must’ve been her perfume. She had her hair down, and I watched mesmerized as it swayed and fell over her delicate shoulders. Her heels clanked against the floor as we entered another part of the office, and I looked up to see Roger sitting at a desk, looking caught off guard by the two of us standing in his door.

“Taylor? Andrea?”

I smiled, stepping in front of Taylor and speaking, “I need to talk to you.”

He seemed to understand the urgency in my voice as he motioned for me to take a seat, and I waited patiently for Taylor to leave the room.