Chp. 62 "Business Meeting"

Sunday had passed slowly, and after explaining everything to Avery about the meeting with Walker she seemed to be just as shocked as everyone else was. I had explained from the day he called me up until everything, even the meeting with Taylor and how we really met. I obviously left out the detail that I had felt an extreme attraction towards her, and I was now convinced Taylor felt it too.

But I couldn't tell Avery that. Knowing her she would probably try to kill Berkley or something.

Although, Avery was convinced that she now had some competition going on with Berkley, which I wasn't sure was a good or bad thing. I knew Avery cared about me, but Taylor seemed to be playing some weird game.

And now we were all meeting in Roger's office, and I knew it was going to be one very awkward situation.

Avery, Max, and Gage were following me through the hall that was dimly lit from the closing hours. It was 10:00 at night, and we were about to leave for the meeting place. I was nervous, and I believed we all were, just because we had no idea whatsoever why one if the Agents from the F.P.S. would want to meet and talk with us.

But we weren't passing up the opportunity for more information on them either.

Then we made it to Roger's office, and I pushed the door open nervously, knowing Taylor would be in there with Roger. I was just praying Avery or Max didn't say anything stupid.

Roger saw us and smiled, but still being able to hold a serious demeanor. He spoke, "Ok, so here's the plan. Berkley and I will bring our guns in case, Andy and Max will cover Gage and Avery if needed. Although I don't believe we'll need it, considering everyone's pretty convinced Walker seems to be on our side now, but let's stay skeptical."

We all nodded as we headed down the hallway, and Avery's arm stayed snaked around my waist as I felt Taylor's eyes on my back. It was extremely uncomfortable, but I was glad Avery wasn't afraid to show me off, although I knew why she was doing it.

She was jealous, and it was super cute.

We made it to the parking garage where the familiar black Tahoe was waiting, and we all piled in. I sat with Avery, and Roger and Taylor sat in the front, leaving the boys to climb into the very back. I was extremely nervous in meeting this guy, and I knew this car ride wasn't going to make me feel better because the awkward atmosphere was suffocating.

We drove out of the facility completely, and Roger headed down a dirt road that lead us away from the Bureau.

Then Max spoke, "Can you believe it's been two weeks since I've seen outside the Bureau?"

Roger spoke, "You know you all can leave whenever you want? We understand you're kids and all, go out and have some fun."

Gage spoke, changing the subject, "How has the distributing of the vaccines gone?"

Roger sighed, "Pretty well, we've cured thousands of people already. It's a miracle we developed a cute on time."

Max patted my back then, "Thanks to Avery and Blaine."

I smiled as I leaned into Avery, feeling her body warmth against mine. I knew I had come close to losing her, and in that moment I had realized how much she actually meant to me, and how much I didn't want to ever lose her.

Then after what seemed like forever, we made it to a closed office, which looked eerie to me. I knew we should be skeptical about this whole thing, and I was, but this building just creeped me out.

Roger looked back at all of us, "And we wait."

~ ~ ~ ~

"There's someone driving up."