Chp. 11 "Finishing Up"

After the confrontation Max and I headed to his house so I could drop him off. I needed to go to Avery’s to finish the project but I didn’t want to do anything but curl up in my bed and cry. I knew my true fate and I wasn’t so sure about it anymore…

Max looked at me warily when I pulled up into his drive way, we had been completely silent the entire way here. He sighed, “You’re really gonna go to Avery’s?”

I shrugged, “I need to help her with the project…”

I knew he was just as confused and hurt as I was but he knew I was right. He grabbed his booksack and sighed, “Text me later?”

I nodded, “Yea…”

He gave me a long sad look before exiting the vehicle and leaving me alone with my thoughts. I started towards Avery’s house, feeling as if I was completely alone. I wanted to cry but I knew that wouldn’t help anything so I held it in. I had no idea what I was going to do, and I didn’t know whether or not I should confront my parents about this.

But I needed answers.

I had no idea who I was, and it seemed as if Blaine knew more about me than I did. Then what if my parents adopted me because they couldn’t conceive? But why wouldn’t they tell me if that was the case?

Or were they really my parents and they were lying to me about who I really was because they were trying to keep my powers a secret?

None of these possibilities made sense and I knew it would only be a matter of time before I would want to start looking for this Protection Bureau.

I just didn’t know where to start.

I mean sure Blaine said he would contact them for me but what if I didn’t want to wait? What if I wanted to take my fate into my own hands considering they needed me to find a cure for BD3? In my opinion they needed me ASAP so what was I waiting for?

I pulled down Avery’s road and sent her a quick text letting her know I was almost here. I didn’t feel like being here which was strange for me but I had a ton of other stuff on my mind.

And I knew Avery wouldn’t be able to distract me today from all the chaos I was just introduced to.

I saw her house coming into view and suddenly her pretty face came into my mind. Even whenever thing seemed to be spinning out of control she still made my more nervous than anything else. How was that even possible?

I pulled up into her drive way, seeing her coming from her house to greet me. I smiled, exiting from my car and waiting for her to say something, “Well, I was starting to think you were gonna leave me hanging.”

I smirked, “You know I wouldn’t do that to you.”