Break up~Zane

'Can you come to the park downstairs?' - Zane texted you.

You wore the prettiest dress that you could find in your closet. You were hoping he'd do something special, even though there was still two days left till your anniversary.

"It's cold out here! Why are you wearing that?" Zane asked you as you approached him.

"I didn't know it was going to be this cold," you said rubbing your arms for warmth. You were regretting wearing the dress. Instead of complimenting you, he was getting angry. He didn't seem to be in a good mood. The two of you began walking. The sun was setting; the darkness slowly taking over.

"(Y/N), I want to tell you something," he said stopping by a tree.

"Yes," you replied. You couldn't tell if he was upset or nervous. You'd always found it hard to read his expressions. In some deep corner of your heart, you had a feeling you weren't going to like what he was about to say but you shrugged it off.

"I think we should break up," he said without looking at you.

"What?" you gasped as your heart sank. 'What?' – you repeated in your head. Why did he say that? It didn't make sense.

"I'm sorry. I just want to be honest with you because I do care about you. Over this trip I met Pixal."

'Oh so it was Pixal' – things started making sense now.

"I had no idea I still had feelings for her until I saw her again. I am so sorry (Y/N). I didn't mean to hurt you but I don't think I can take our relationship any further. I don't want to lie to you and I don't want to lie to myself either. My feelings have changed.." he trailed off.

You were dumbfounded. You were surprised at the sudden confession. As it slowly started sinking in, it wasn't that surprising any more. You knew this was going to happen one day. You could see it coming. Pixal was perfect in every way while you couldn't stop counting all the flaws that you had. You wanted to be mad at him but could you really be mad at him? Instead you blamed yourself for not being the right girl for him. You felt weak as if someone had soaked all the energy out of you. You sat down on the bench.

"(Y/N), please say something!" Zane said. You didn't respond. You didn't have anything to say. What did he want you to say anyways? Beg him to stay? Forgive him for hurting you? Or to tell him that you were going to be okay. You were not going to be okay at all. He had no idea what he'd done to you in a mere 30 seconds. "I didn't want to hurt you that's why I'm doing this now before it was too late." Zane added, seeing that you weren't responding.

'Too late?' -yes it was, '6 months' too late. He probably didn't even remember that you guy's half-aversary was coming. You were completely and madly in love with him. He obviously didn't feel the same way. Zane took off his jacket and wrapped it around your shivering body. A tear rolled down your cheek. He lifted his hand to wipe it but you lightly pushed it away.

"(Y/N)," he said your name again but you still didn't utter a single word. Your silence was killing him. You got up and took off the jacket that he had wrapped around you. You handed it back to him and began walking. He was a stranger to you now and you didn't like accepting things from people you didn't know.

"(Y/N)," he called after you once again. You turned around, to look at him one last time.

"I'm sorry," he whispered. That was the moment you decided that you never wanted to see him again. You were going to move on in life no matter how much it hurt you.