Back Together ~ Jay

"(Y/N)! Open your eyes! Please open your eyes!" Jay screamed as Kai tried to restrain him.

"Get him out of here!" Shouted a doctor as a nurse squeezed the gel onto the paddle electrodes.

"No! Let me go!" He screamed and struggled and Cole, Kai and Lloyd restrained him and dragged him out of the emergency room as he began to cry.

The last thing he heard before the door shut was 'Clear!' and he sensed high volts of electricity before the door was shut and the had sat him down, holding him firmly by the shoulders so he wouldn't run away.

"Jay! Pull yourself together!"

"How am I supposed to do that?! She could be dying in there and—and there are so many things I didn't get to tell her! What if I can never tell her? What will I do then?" He asked helplessly as his lip quivered and he aimlessly wiped tears from his eyes.

He briefly heard 'We're losing her!' and his eyes widened before he rushed inside, ignoring their calls for him to come back.

"Clear!"

They pressed the paddles to your chest once again and your body lifted off the bed before falling back lifelessly.

He watched weakly as doctors pressed your chest repeatedly, trying to restart your heart before he heard the deadly beep of the heart rate monitor through the commotion.

His head snapped towards it, his breath stopped when he saw the line begin to still as the noise it emitted grew deafening.

"No! (Y/N)!" He ran to you, pushing away the doctors in the process.

"(Y/N), wake up." He murmured, feeling his body surge with energy and tears pool in his eyes.

"Please," He sobbed, "Please let this work."

He pressed his palms to your chest and your body lifted lifelessly off the bed before falling back.

"Son, there's nothing we can do now."

"No! You have to save her! You have to! I don't want to lose her!" He cried, watching as your face slowly grew pale.

A nurse quickly ran up to him, pinching your nose and pressing her lips to yours, performing CPR and then pressing compressions to your chest.

She nodded to Jay, "We'll need one more."

He nodded tearfully, feeling hope emerge in his chest as he brought electricity to his palms, pressing them to your chest.

Your body rose again and fell and the nurse continued to perform CPR, pressing your chest regularly when he heard the monitor start again.

Your heart was beating again, it was murmuring gently and the doctor's neck snapped towards you, "Get some more nurses!"

Jay cried tears of joy, sobbing as he pressed a brief kiss to your lips before they slipped an oxygen mask over your face.

It's been 9 days since you've been declared to be in a coma due to oxygen deprivation.

Jay diligently sat by your bed everyday, waiting until you woke up, speaking to you lovingly, trying to coax you to wake up, unaware that you couldn't hear anything.

It was uncertain how long you'd continue to remain unconscious which broke Jay's heart and the only thing keeping him sane was the constant beeping from your heart rate monitor in the corner of the room.

Seeing you pale and nearly lifeless, attached to many tubes and wires broke his heart but when he thought back to your lifeless form in the emergency room he always cried tears of relief.

It had been nearly eleven days when you opened your eyes.

You couldn't feel anything, not your body, not your surroundings but you could tell you were lying down.

You tried to open your eyes, but they grew heavy and you grew tired but you powered through it, your eyes flickering halfway open and everything around you was hazy.

Soon your eyes locked onto a person sitting beside you, in blue.

You breathed deeply, trying to open your mouth to speak or at least emit some sound but it proved to be extremely difficult when you couldn't even feel your body.

You managed to let out a squeak and the man's head turned to see your eyes open and staring blankly at him.

He jumped from his seat, stumbling and falling, running out of the room, screaming for a doctor.

It was the next day that you could talk again.

The nurses propped you against the pillows, letting your visitors in. You smiled at the ninja who piled by your side.

"(Y/N)! You have no idea how worried we were!" Nya said, heading to your other side and grabbing your hand.

You squeezed it weakly and smiled at her, reaching your other hand out for Jay's who smiled brightly when he saw you were able to raise your own hand. (Can I just make them a poly couple?)

"(Y/N), you don't know how grateful I am. Thank you so much for saving my sister's life, I can never repay you."

You smiled and shook your head, "It's better it turned out this way. Me being injured rather than her being dead. I'd do it again in a heartbeat." Your voice was still a little hoarse but you didn't miss Jay's beaming grin when you spoke more than 3 words at once.

"Please don't." Jay murmured and pressed a kiss to you temple.

"Not to be rude or anything but are you guys together now?" Cole asked, setting down a gift basket full of fruit and vitamins that made more sense than chocolates or muffins.

You felt Jay tense beside you but you squeezed his hand reassuringly, smiling at him when he met your eyes, "What do you say? You want to date me?"

The smile he sent you was absolutely breathtaking and threatened to split his face in face.

He kissed your forehead, cheeks and nose while you giggled childishly, leaning into him as his other arm wrapped around your waist.

You pouted, "I don't get a real kiss?"

He smiled awkwardly, "Maybe when we don't have an audience."

You felt a sudden surge of energy flow through you as you pulled your hand out of his and grabbed his collar, even though you both knew that you didn't have enough strength to pull him closer. 

He smiled and leaned into you, kissing you as the others erupted into cheers.