Back Together ~ Lloyd

"Bye Lloyd." You murmured, letting him out of your apartment. As promised, you hung out with him regularly and texted him to let him know that you got home safe.

"I love you." He said, turning to face you.

You frowned lightly, "Okay."

He sighed, expecting the rejection since this wasn't the first time he said this to you, "I'll see you soon."

You nodded awkwardly, but your face brightened suddenly, "Asmodeus!"

He grinned, stepping out of the elevator and Lloyd tensed beside you, "Hey (Y/N). What're you feeling today?"

You rubbed your chin contemplatively, "Um, anything but romance."

You glanced at Lloyd's face that seemed to drop after your words and let Asmodeus in, mumbling a quick goodbye to Lloyd before shutting the door.

"So what does goldilocks want this time?"

You sighed, opening a can of soda, "Same old, same old."

"You should really accept him soon, otherwise he might not come back again." 

You gaped at him in disbelief, "Hey! You're supposed to be my squad and tell me I don't need a man in my life."

He shrugged, flopping onto your couch, "Guys like us don't come around very often."

You snorted, sitting beside him and stealing the bag of chips in his hand, "Guys like you?"

"Good guys, I mean. All I'm saying is that he seems really genuine."

You rolled your eyes, slapping his hand away when he tried to steal the bag back, "If you like him so much, why don't you just date him."

He shrugged, "I would, but I'm all about that base."

You raised a brow playfully, "Even more than me?"

He snorted, "Way more than you. I think girls look cute if they're chubby."

You sighed wistfully, "Get you a man like that."

He nudged you, "You already have one."

It was around 1 in the night when you heard repeated knocking and doorbell ringing

It was around 1 in the night when you heard repeated knocking and doorbell ringing. Irritated and sleepy, you dragged yourself out of bed and flung open the door to reveal a familiar blonde.

He looked absolutely desperate and sleep-deprived, "Hey."

You slammed the door in his face. 

Just 'cuz he can't sleep doesn't mean the same for you.

The knocking and ringing of the doorbell persisted and you groaned, opening the door and letting him in, "What, Lloyd? What?"

His eyes were rimmed red, "You didn't text me to tell me you were safe."