Trouble ~ Zane

Children please avert your eyes. Nothing serious, but I'm a strict parent.

 Nothing serious, but I'm a strict parent

You were looking for P.I.X.A.L, as you needed the guest list for the party Cyrus Borg was holding to celebrate his successful release of his latest product.

But the truth was that you were looking for her so you could subtly rub it in her face that Cyrus Borg had chosen you to supervise this event, once again, instead of her.

You were about to give up looking for her until you heard the creaking open of the security room door.

'Someone is sneaking into the security room?' You thought, 'How ironic.'

Unable to resist catching your colleagues making out and then embarrassing them to no ends, you silently crept towards the room, stifling snickers as you saw the lights switched off.

However, before you could bust in with your signature line, 'Get your hands out of each others clothes and no one gets hurt', you heard an all too familiar giggle.

You sighed, recognizing P.I.X.A.L's ear-piercing giggle anywhere and turning on your heel. You did not need to see Zane's processors over-heating.

"When the heads of the top National Companies are captured, we move them to the room here-"

"And then the fun begins." You gasped silently at your ex-boyfriend's voice. You knew he was a jerk, but he was still a ninja, unless he was going undercover to take down P.I.X.A.L and he had never really meant to break up with you.

Your heart swelled with every single possibility because Zane could never be so horrible, so horrendous, so criminal that he cruelly broke your heart and is now trying to hold walking bags of money hostage—

"Looks like we have a listening ear." Zane said, looking at yourself eavesdropping on their conversation, through the security camera.

Nevermind, he's evil.

You made a move to run when Zane shot a wave of ice, encasing your feet and soaking your socks. You cringed in discomfort, nothing was worse than wet socks.

"These shoes are going to take forever to dry."