Things are not Normal~Cole

Cole had been doing a pretty good job of avoiding you, which you appreciated. You didn't really feel like seeing him in public and wishing you could shove your textbooks down his throat. So, imagine the amount of self-control you had to exercise when he had strolled into your cafe with his usual dormant expression, and had asked for a slice of chocolate cake.

You had to count to ten to control yourself from smacking him with the to-go box. First, he breaks up with you for absolutely no reason and then, he comes into your cafe acting like he was welcome there. And you didn't care what the bloody welcome sign said, Cole wasn't welcome here.

It wasn't that fact that he was your ex-boyfriend that was annoying you. You just had a low-tolerance for jerks.

"Here you go." You didn't even try to smile at him as you handed him his to-go box.

"I actually wanted to have my cake here, if you wouldn't mind."

Your eye twitched and you stretched an uncomfortable smile, "Of course." You were hoping that box would send the clue that you did mind and that you wished he would choke on his cake. But if that happened in your store, you would have a lot of paperwork.

You sighed as he sat down at one of the tables, nursing that piece of cake for nearly forty-five minutes until most of the customers had left.

The disdain you felt had floated to the back of your head when your boyfriend had come into the store, smiling his bright smile. You grinned at him when he kissed your cheek. 

'Cole used to kiss me on the temple.' Your eyes widened when the thought flashed through your head and you desperately pushed the thought away, focusing on your current boyfriend.

"Ready to go out, babe? I swear I'll beat you at mini-golfing this time!" It was a miracle that you found someone worse at mini-golf than you.

You nodded, humming sweetly, "We just have to wait for this last customer to leave before I can close up the shop."

You hadn't needed to say anything else, Cole was already out the door, his money left messily on the table.

You stared at his back receding. You had wished he would leave since he came in, why did it not give you relief then?