Chapter 3

Kelli POV:

"I still can't believe you did that. I was in the middle of a conversation with the only best friend I have ever had. Thanks to you, I might never see him again." I can never forgive Caroline for what she did. We were still on the topic even after dance class. I wasn't really in the mood in talking to her so I just took my bag and left without a word.

"Kelli, wait! Come on, don't just leave me like that," Caroline caught up to me and managed to block my path before I could say anything else.

"Oh, you mean like the way you left Billy?" I snapped.

"Look.. I'm really sorry for what I did earlier. I just..I can't explain.." She managed to confess.

"Well then can you at least tr-" I paused.

"Wait.. Was it because you were getting jealous?" I continued before she could say anything. "Caroline, you don't have to be. Sure, Billy is my best friend.. But you're like a sister to me. They're totally different things. No one's getting replaced here, okay?" I reassured her.

"That's really sweet of you to say Kelli, thank you. But that's not the reason why I acted that way.."

"What is it then?"

"Well.. I know we promised to never speak of.. Jason again.."

Haven't heard of that name in a while.

"But after what you had to go through to get over that idiot, I can't risk letting another guy enter your life without my consent. Call me crazy, but that's just how I feel."

All this time, I never knew Caroline was so overprotective. No wonder she hasn't been inviting all her guy friends over when I'm in the house ever since Jason and I broke up. Ugh, I seriously thought I could live the rest of my life not remembering the past memories I had with him. And now all of those memories are coming back..

~Flashback~

15th June 2009

It's evening and the beautiful sun was setting in the horizon. I was at the pier. Jason and I always have our dates here. It was amazing. I never thought I'd find the perfect guy. Back then I thought I'd never have this in my life. You know, boys, dating, romance that kind of stuff. All that changed when I met Jason. We were in the same chemistry class in 8th grade. He was the one who actually made me happy while Billy wasn't around then. He made me realised I had to move on with my life instead of being miserable all the time. Ever since the day he asked me out, we've been together for almost 3 months. We were inseparable..

I was walking around the pier thinking about life, and that was when I saw the worst thing a girl could ever want to see. I saw Jason nearby. Of course, which girl wouldn't be happy to see her boyfriend? I'll tell you. The girl who saw her boyfriend kissing someone else! I couldn't believe my eyes. Jason was cheating on me? All these questions came running through my mind. Since when? For how long? Who is she??? I was too shock to do anything. I stood there like a statue for a while I think people were already noticing. Tears filled my eyes and all I could think of doing at the moment was to get out of there. And there I left, with a heart broken into a million pieces.

~End of flashback~

"Kelli? Are you okay? You haven't said anything for a while now.." I noticed Caroline was waving her hand infront of me.

"I.. I'm sorry. I just-" I paused. My eyes started to fill up with tears. Caroline gave me a warm, tight, comforting hug.

"Thanks. Look, I know ever since Jason, I told you that I'm never falling for an idiot like him again, and I'm still keeping my word. Billy is different, he's my best friend. He's kind, funny, sweet, caring..." I thought of Billy and that gorgeous smile of his. His sparkling brown eyes and his soft brown hair..

"But like I said-" I snapped out of it. "We've been best of friends for years and he is nothing like Jason. I know It's going to be hard for you to trust him but your thoughts will change once you get to know him. I promise," I assured her.

It took me a while to convince her, but she finally did.

"Alright. I trust you. I guess I'm just being overprotective. I'm just worried that guys like that just want to take advantage of you again. I never liked seeing you hurt." Caroline gave me another hug.

"Well then I don't think I will ever be since I know you will always be there for me" I smiled.

"Yeah, that's true. Now let's get home. We've been standing here for quite a while."

I didn't realised we've been having this conversation in the middle of an empty parking lot outside our community centre. We picked our bags and headed home.

"Mom, I'm home!" I called out. My mom was in the living room watching television.

"Hi, honey. How was your day?" My mom asked delightfully.

I told her everything. From when I met Billy, to that fight Caroline and I almost had, and that flashback thought of Jason. My mom and I are really close. I can easily talk to her about my problems and she will always be my listening ear. Once I was finished, she smiled.

"Must be a long day you had, my dear. I'm glad everything is still okay with Caroline. And Billy, when did he came back?" my mom asked.

"Last week. He wanted to call but he lost all his contacts. But I'm really glad we bumped into each other today or else I would never know he's here." I explained.

"You should invite him over here sometime. Tomorrow would be nice if he is free." my mom suggested. Billy was always close with my family, as much as I was close with his. We use to have gatherings together like a barbeque or something.

"Great! I'll call him right away." I stood up and headed to my room. "As soon as I-" I stopped.

"As soon as what, honey?"

I turned around to face my mother.

"As soon as I get his number.."