Chapter 9

Kelli's POV:

"It's Christmas Eve!" I yelled as I was about to take shower. Today is going to be awesome! We'll be spending a whole day in disneyland. Then we will be having dinner at Billy's. My parents will be coming over as well so we can have a proper reunion.

I took a strangely long shower. I put on a plain light blue tee shirt and white pants. I added on a navy blue jacket and a pair of black boots. I brushed my hair and did my make up. As I was applying my lip gloss my phone vibrated. It was a text from Billy.

Merry Christmas Eve! Taylor and I will be coming to pick you up in a few minutes. See you soon!

Then I replied:

I'm almost ready. alritez~ see u :)

I put my phone back into my pocket and headed downstairs.

"Mom, don't forget we'll be having dinner at Billy's okay?" I said to her once I found her in the kitchen wiping the table.

"Don't so worried, honey. Everything is going to be fine," my mom assured me.

I smiled. She's right. Nothing bad is going to happen. It's not the first time our families had dinner together. Though, the last time was three years ago..

I heard a car pulling up the driveway. "Looks like my ride is here! See you later mom! At Billy's. Tonight."

"I got it, l got it. Don't worry.. I'm going to be there. Your father gets off work early for christmas so he is going to be there. Your sister has no excuses so she is going to be there. Now go have fun!" my mom said as she pushed me out to the door. I finally gave in and kissed her on the cheek before leaving.

I waved and opened the door to the back seat. Billy was sitting there all natural, with his fitting black tee shirt and brown jacket. His hair was all up as usual. And his brown eyes, that great smile.. Gosh, cut it out Kelli! What is wrong with you!?

"Hey!" i smiled, hoping he couldn't see me blushing.

"Hey! Today is going to epic, I just know it!" he said happily.

And with that, Taylor pulled away from the driveway and we made our way to disneyland.

Taylor dropped us off at the entrance. "Thanks for the ride Taylor," i said cheerfully.

"Anything for my pals. Now have fun you too little lovebirds!" he teased. Before I could say anything, he had already driven off.

"Did I just hear what I think I heard?" i asked, surprised.

"You know, Taylor. He just likes to mess around," Billy said quickly. "Urm, hey! Come on, lets get inside! I can't wait to count how many times you get scared on all the thrill rides," he teased.

"Hey! I so do not get scared on rides! I think it's you we're talking about here," I laughed.

"We'll see about that!"

***

We had the most amazing time there. We rode almost every single roller coaster there was in the place. You shouldn't have seen Billy. He was screaming his heart out at some of them! We also went into the haunted house. I have to say, it was pretty scary. I was clinging to Billy for dear life when things started to grab my legs.

After that we bought hot dogs and grabbed a drink before going on the rest of the common rides, like the ferris wheel and the bumper cars. I had a blast. I didn't think about all those strange feelings I had for Billy. Looks like spending time with him just as friends should have done the trick. I guess my feelings for him gone for good.

We didn't realise we were almost late for our dinner at Billy's. Taylor was working part time during the evening shift at a fast food restaurant, so he wouldn't be picking us up. We got a cab and headed to Billy's. We were still laughing during the whole ride back. When we arrived, Billy opened the door and we found both our families in the house. Kirra, my sister, Erin and Eric were helping setting up the table while my mom and Billy's mom were busy in the kitchen. Our dads, being dads, were busy having a conversation in the living room.

"You're home!" Billy's mom said as she was carrying food to the dining table.

"Hi Kelli. It's so lovely to see you again!" she continued once she put down the food and gave me a hug.

"It's really nice to see you too!" i said cheerfully. I went to say hi Billy's dad and gave warm hugs to Eric and Erin.

"Alright, dinner's ready!" my mom called out.

***

"You guys should have seen Billy's face when we took that roller coaster. It was priceless!" I laughed as we shared with the rest of the family on our day.

"Hey, it's not as good as when you telling all the fake zombies to stop touching you!" Billy stepped in.

It was really nice, having both our families over during dinner like we used to. I felt like I was 12 again.

"Well, looks like the two of you really had fun!" Billy's mom smiled as she was clearing up the last few pieces of meat left on her plate.

"Yeah, we sure did. We hadn't had this much since forever!" Billy agreed.

Eventually everyone had empty plates and we all chipped in to clear up the table. Once all that was done, we were all sitting in the living room.

"It's really nice to see you all again," my dad said it again for I think the third time this evening.

"We all feel the same way too," Billy's dad smiled. "Sadly we might need to move again. I have another business trip coming up in New York. It's going to take a few years, I'm afraid."

I was shocked to hear the news. Billy is going away? Again!?

"Urm, when exactly are you going for your business trip? I mean, it can't be so soon. You just got here," I asked curiously.

"They haven't cofirmed the date yet. It could be anytime from now till I retire, probably," he explained.

Looks like I have to make every second count from now till then. It could be any time. It could even be next week! Ugh, why am I always facing all these problems!?

***

"We thank you so much for the wonderful dinner," my mom said as she was putting on her coat before Erin helped to open the door.

"Oh, it wasn't just me, you helped!" Billy's mom said cheerfully. "Merry christmas in advance!" We bid them farewell and I waved goodbye to Billy, praying this isn't going to be the last time I'm seeing him.

Hey guys! Hope you like it so far.

Vote and comment!