Chapter 41

Kelli's POV:

"Jason!?" I yelled again, still in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

Jason shuffled his feet and his hand was still on my shoulder. I quickly moved my shoulder, pushing his hand away.

"Small world isn't it?" He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes in frustration.

"What do you want?" I asked coldly. I removed my gaze from Jason and stared at my dear friends before. Spencer and Tyrel had their eyes wide open, obviously not getting what was going on. Billy had dropped his pizza from his hand and started to clench the both of them.

"I just thought.. Well since I saw you here maybe we could talk."

"I don't want to talk," I retorted.

Jason started to get frustrated. He tried to grab my arm and pull me away from my seat. I managed to struggle myself free, but by then all my friends had stood up as well.

"Get your hands off of her!" Billy demanded.

Jason's eyes widened as he made eye contact with Billy. He must have had remembered the incident that happened the last time they met. As if instinct, he let go of my arm and apologised.

"Look, I just want to talk. Can we take this outside?" Jason asked, slowly lowering his voice.

"I think if you have anything to say to Kelli, you can say infront of all of us," Spencer said angrily.

"No," I said softly, turning around to face them. "It's okay. You guys stay here."

Reluctantly, I grabbed a napkin on the tabke and wiped my fingers and mouth before making my way outside, with Jason following behind.

"Alright, you want to talk? Now's your chance. Don't go wasting it like you did with the rest of the chances I gave you," I said coldly.

"Kelli, look. I know you're still mad at me after everything that I've done. I wish I could take it all back, but I can't." I stood there, arms folded, expecting him to say more.

He ran his fingers through his messy hair and sighed. "I just wanted to tell you that I've changed. I'm not that jerk you used to know. Back before I thought I could get any girl I wanted, whenever I wanted. That all changed when I met you."

The tension I felt in my facial muscles began to relax. My eyebrows were no longer knitted together and my glare softened.

"You were the first girl to ever rejected me. At first I couldn't understand why you would do that. Only I could do the breaking up. So of course I got confused and frustrated. I got angry and I treated you in a way you didn't deserve to be. The day back at the when I last saw you at Mr. Milkshakes may not be a significant day to you, but it was to me. You made me realise that I can't always get what I want, especially with my kind of attitude. I made a solemn promise to myself to never treat people like the way I did before."

I was speechless. What was I suppose to say? He had just poured out everything to me. I never thought I had made such a big difference in Jason's life. I looked into his green eyes I once fell in love with and now I knew he meant everything he said.

Before I could regain my ability to speak, Jason spoke once more. "I know you still won't forgive me, but I just thought after everything that I've done, you deserve to know the truth."

I offered a small smile and after careful thinking, I had formed the proper words.

"I'll never forget what you did, I'll be honest. But I'm glad that you realised that the world just doesn't just revolve around you. It takes a brave person to admit their mistakes, but it takes a more brave one to do something about it."