Chapter 44

"So Kylie, where do you want to go today?" I asked my cousin during breakfast that morning.

"Well, I haven't been to the zoo in a while.. Let's go there!"

"Awesome! I've always wanted to visit a zoo in another state!" my sister exclaimed excitedly.

"Then it's settled. We'll leave right after breakfast," my aunt stated.

"I can't wait to spend time with all of you guys!"

Once we cleared our dishes, we went back to our rooms for a change of clothes. I got into a red tank top and a pair of denim shorts. Since it was summer, the temperature was pretty hot, so I decided to put up my wavy hair into a ponytail.

Caroline had on a hot pink tank top and a black and white polkadotted mini skirt. She had specially made her long, blonde hair into a side French braid.

"Hmmm, I do remember the time where you told me that the only reason you would bother to braid your hair was impress someone," I said slyly.

"Shut up. Can't I just feel like braiding my hair today?"

"Of course you can. Sorry, didn't mean to say that," I said, shrugging.

"Thank you."

"He likes girls who braid their hair you know."

"Really?"

"You'll find out soon enough," I replied with a wink. "You just admitted it though."

"Admitted what?" My dear Caroline asked.

"That you're trying to get his attention."

"I- No I didn't!"

"Sure you didn't."

"Kelli!"

"Carol."

"You're the worst," Caroline said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"I know, but you still love me don't you? Now come on, lose that frown of yours. We're leaving soon."

Eventually, I managed to get Caroline to smile again. I gave her a quick hug and we made our way out together.

***

"Can we go ride the horses now?"

It had almost been more than an hour, and I was pretty sure we have explored every inch of the zoo together. Surprisingly, the girls have yet to show a hint of getting tired.

"Alright, come let's go." I laughed at my sister's enthusiasm.

I brought Kylie and Kirra to the petting zoo, where they kept the horses. Kylie got onto a stunning white horse while Kirra was on a beautiful jet black one.

"I think we're going to be here for a while," said Kylie.

"It's okay, your father and I will keep an eye on you two," my aunt suggested.

"We'll join you. There's so much we can catch up on," my mom said cheerfully. "Why not the rest of you get some snacks and walk around the place a bit?"

We nodded and left the adults to their conversation.

"So, what do you guys want to do?" Billy asked.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm hungry," Spencer stated, rubbing his stomach at the same time. "Let's go grab some hotdogs. I hear they make the best ones in New York."

"Hey guys!" A new voice interrupted us. We turned to see our friend, Madison making her way towards us. Her dark brown curly hair was following the flow of the breeze, making her look like a model. Madison plays Janelle in Lab Rats, in case I haven't mention it.