Chapter 5

Billy's POV:

I thanked the guys for giving me a ride back home. I took my gear bag from the trunk and headed towards the door.

"Hey mom, I'm back," I called out.

No answer. She probably had gone to work.

It was already late, so I had a quick shower, got into my clothes and went to bed. My body was aching from bike riding earlier, so it should have been easier for me to fall asleep.

That didn't happen though. Instead, I was tossing and turning all night. Somehow I couldn't forget about what the guys were talking about earlier. Did Kelli and I looked like we could have made it off as couple? I'll be honest, I've been looking into those eyes for three years but when I looked at her the other day in the park, it felt different. I felt different. But it can't be.. She and I.. are just friends. Best friends.. right?

No matter what I felt, it didn't matter. I doubt she felt that strange feeling the other day too. Besides, she said she will never fall for a guy, ever. I mean, of course I didn't believe her. Who doesn't fall in love at least one in their life? But if your Kelli, she's someone who really means what she says..

Doing a lot of thinking must have made me tired because eventually I found myself fast asleep.

The Next Day

I woke up to sound of my phone ringing. It was my agent, Jennifer.

"Hello?" I groaned.

"Billy, good news. You got the part for the Lab Rats show." she said. I could never tell whether she's happy or sad over the phone. Her voice is always monotonous, in a way.

"Well that's great!" I stood up from my bed.

"Yes, of course. We start filming next week, but I need you to come to the studio tomorrow. They want me to introduce you to the rest of the cast. Make sure you all get to know each other better so you working together wouldn't be so hard," Jennifer explained.

I got the details from her on the time and what I should be wearing tomorrow. First impression counts, that's what she'll always say.

I got out of bed and went into the shower. After that I put on a plain white tee and a pair of jeans. I put on a pair of white sneaker and headed downstairs. As I went nearer to the kitchen I hear someone was in there. I looked to see my mom flipping pancakes.

"Mom, you're home!" I said as I walked up to her and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"I decided to take a day off. All that work is killing me," she said.

She put the pancakes onto a plate, spread maple syrup and add a small slice of butter on top.

"Here you go, dear. I already ate. I was thinking maybe we can have a mother-son time after breakfast," she suggested.

I thanked her for the pancakes and started eating them. It's been a while since I ate mom's cooking. "Sure," I said with my mouth full.

Once I was done with breakfast, we headed out. My mom isn't the kind who does a lot of shopping, so I didn't mind when she said that she wanted to go out.

We had lunch at a nearby fast food restaurant. Then we went grocery shopping. Yeap, that pretty much sums up our day.

"So what Billy, what were your plans for the summer?" my mom asked me.

"Well, I passed an audition for this new show I will be filming next week. Maybe surf with the guys, dirtbike riding, usual stuff," I said.

"Oh and urm, I know I should have told you this sooner, but, I met Kelli last week" I added.

"Really? That's great! But, how come you haven't invited her over? Is it because you didn't want me to show her your baby photos like I did when your aunt came over last year during christmas?" My mom asked curiously, giving me that sly expression.

I stared at my mom for a whole five seconds. "You know we almost made a year without having to bring that up?" I told her.

"Anyway, the reason I didn't invite her is because I couldn't. I didn't get her number the day we met. Ever since then, I didn't see her again," I explained with dissapointment.

"You know what. I wouldn't worry so much. I've never seen people with a relationship as strong as yours and Kelli's. You're fated to meet again, trust me,"

"Thanks mom. You're probably right," I said. I hope she is right...

Sorry if this is kind of short.

Thanks for reading!

vote and comment maybe?