Chapter 42

Okay, so I've been thinking.. I've been writing this story in Kelli's POV for a while now and I think it would be best to keep it this way for the rest of the story. How does that sound for you guys?

Of course, I want to let all of you know that this chapter and possibly the next few chapters to come is dedicated to @kaylawienerkur !

Happy Belated Birthday Kylie! I know I've already wished you on the real day itself but.. why not wish u again, right? Thanks for being a huge fan and chatting with me even if we're on opposite sides of the world. I may not reply as often.. But that doesn't mean I've forgotten you okay? I'll always remember ALL MY FANS! Here is the chapter I promised you! I'm sure you're going to love it ;) Be prepared for more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, are you home?" I called out as soon as I closed the front door.

"In the attic, sweetie!"

I followed my mother's faint voice all the way to the small flight of dusty stairs which lead to the attic. Slowly and carefully, I made my way up the stairs and immediately began to scrunch my nose. Boy, was it dusty.

I don't even remember the last time I've been up in the attic. Too young to remember, probably. I noticed there were boxes scattered all over the place. Most of them were opened, but some were taped shut. At the corner of the room I noticed an old wooden dresser with a mirror. There was also a small cupboard, which I assumed to be a set with the dresser.

Curiosity got over me and I was eventually running my fingers along the  carvings made on the dresser. I looked closer and there was an old vintage picture of a woman taped on the side of the mirror. She seemed to be in her 30s. She had short, wavy hair cut Marilyn Monroe style. She had the most beautiful set of eyes and a smile that could melt anyone's heart.

"It was a gift from your late grandmother."

I quickly turned and accidentally tripped on my feet, causing me to lose my balance. Luckily, the dresser broke my fall.