Chapter 39

ANNOUNCEMENT AT THE END OF CHAPTER IT'S SUPER IMPORTANT PLEASE READ I LOVE YOU GUYS

*clears throat* Moving on...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelli's POV:

I could feel the rays of sunlight peeking through the curtains beside me. I fluttered my eyes open and heaved a deep sigh, realising I was still in the hospital.

I looked towards my left and noticed Billy was asleep. Still on the chair, his head was rested at the side of my bed. I smiled when I noticed he had been holding my hand the entire night. I lifted my free hand and began playing with his soft, brown hair.

Just then I heard him groan slightly. I quickly removed my hand from his hair and stood up. He groaned again and slowly lifted his head up. He looked at me with his half open eyes and smiled.

"Morning sleepyhead," I said childishly.

"Morning," Billy mumbled and soon he was sitting up straight and stretching his arms.

"Sounds like you had a good sleep," he said after a yawn or two.

"Yeah, I did. As for you I assumed you couldn't stay awake the whole night like you said."

"What can I say? I was getting bored watching you sleep," Billy said almost heartlessly.

I glared and him and he instinctively glared back. The staring contest didn't really last as sooner or later we were both laughing away.

I sighed and eventually got out of bed. My toes didn't feel the cold, hard floor like I was expecting. Instead, they met with soft feathers.

"Oh," I whispered to myself. I've almost forgotten what happened last night. The feathers from the pillows we were throwing last night were still scattered all over the floor.

"Come on, let's clean this up," Billy said eventually. He went to the janitor's closet at the back of the room and took out a broom.

"You're the lady. You should do the sweeping," Billy said oh-so-seriously.

"Not unless you can tell me you're good with making the bed, which I slept on," I argued back.

"Fair point." He sighed at his defeat and began to sweep the floor. I smiled and walked towards my bed, arranging the pillows and tucked the mattress cover tightly. I folded the blankets and kept them neatly in the cupboard, along with the rest of the pillows.

I went to the bathroom to look in the mirror. There were bags under my eyes and my hair was frizzy and all over the place. At the moment I didn't really care about my face and hair. I simply sighed and washed my face with water.

"Done," I heard Billy say once I came out of the bathroom.

"Great! This place looks as good as before we came in.

Just then, Dr. Carrie came walking in. She smiled at the now neat room.

"I see you got up early. Kelli, your parents just called and they said they will be here in a few minutes. They'll bring you a change of clothes too so don't worry about the patient gown," Dr. Carrie saod with a smile.

I nodded and she made her way out of the room. I turned towards Billy, and noticed his eyebrows were furrowed as he looked at his phone, looking really confused.

"Billy, what's wrong?" I asked, walking towards him.

"I got a message from my agent. She wants to meet me.. Well, all of us," Billy explained. He held his phone up for me to see the text and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, just like Billy had.