Chapter 13

Kelli's POV:

It's been a few days since that fight with Jason. Billy and I are still having a little awkward moments here and there, I kept wondering why. We're still talking and laughing like we always, but when I look into his eyes I seem to be able to get lost in them. And when I do, they'll be this awkward silence between us and Billy would be the one asking me to snap out of it.

There have been moments where he seems to show some interest in me. I just can't seem to tell if he's just being friendly. I mean, he has lots of other friends that are girls that he met back when he started acting.. And sometimes those gestures he say to me are those same ones he used with the other girls. No matter how many times I want to get over him, I just can't. Maybe if I just.. avoided him for a while, that might work. We hang out almost every day. I'm sure a few days away from him wouldn't hurt.

I got out of my bed and took a nice, long shower. I got dressed and took out my phone and I noticed it was a text from Billy.

Billy

Hey! The new movie Zombie Slayers is finally out! Wanna go watch it?

I have to stop hanging out with him too much. Come on, think of a good excuse!

Me

I'd love to, but I can't... I promised my mum I'd spend some quality time with her today. Really sorry..

I know it's a really crappy excuse, but it was all I could think of! Now i'll just wait for his reply. Billy replies really fast, but this time it took a little while longer than I expected.

Billy

It's alright, maybe we'll watch it some other time. I'll see you back at the studio tomorrow then! First day of shooting season 2 remember?

Me

Oh that's right! Okay I'll see you tomorrow! :)

He didn't reply after that. I put away my phone and flung myself onto the bed.

***

This went on for a few weeks now. We're already halfway finishing up filming for season 2. The thing that's been driving me nuts is that everytime Billy asked me if I wanted to go anywhere I always have to say no.. No matter how many times I wanted to say yes. And to make matters worse, Billy's starting to get suspicious. I am so not ready to explain everything to him. I just can't!

Just thinking of all this filled my eyes with tears. I ran to the bathroom and washed my face. I looked at the time, it was already 5pm. Everyone is alseep so I quickly got into a change of clothes; a black and white tribal sweater and a pair of white jeans. I got into a pair of black ballet flats and sneaked out of my room as usual.

There I was again, on the bridge, starring into the clear waters...

Billy's POV:

It was already late, I was still lying on my bed, wide awake, staring onto the ceiling.

"Hey, still awake huh?" I heard a voice. I looked up to see my younger brother's head sticking out in my room.

"Yeah, you too?" I asked.

"I was. Woke up to get a glass of water. I was on my way back to bed when I saw your light was still on," he said as he pointed to the ceiling, where the lights were.

"Yeah, I've been having trouble sleeping lately... Too much stuff on my mind I guess," I explained.

"Ah, girl problems huh? he said as he walked into my room and sat on my desk chair.

"Just because I have a lot of stuff on my mind, doesn't mean they have to about girls," I argued.

"Yeah, but admit it. They are, aren't they?" he urged.

"Well.. Okay fine, it is. You win this round. How would you know anyway?"

"You're my big brother, of course I'd know. Call it instinct."

Well I can't exactly say no to that. Eric, Erin and I are really close. We tell each other everything, sometimes about things our parents don't know.

"So anyway, what's it about? Maybe I can help," he suggested.

"Really, you want to give me, your older brother advice?"

"Let's just take the time to think about who already has a girlfriend in this room," he boasted.

"Alright, fine.. Okay look, it's not much. There's this girl.. Well she's not just a girl, she's a friend, a great friend that is. And.. I don't know. She's like the greatest person I've ever met and I really like her."

"So, what's the problem?" he interrupted.

"The problem is, Eric.. I really want to tell her that I like her, but what if she doesn't feel the same way? She and both agreed before that it was just impossible for any of us to like each other. "

"That's what's bothering you? The past is the past! Things change. Who cares about what you both said before? If you really like Kelli, you have to tell her."

"What, you mean right now?"

"Absolutely! Go to her house and tell her right now! Throw stones at her window and call out to her and tell her everything!"

"Eric, I think that's a little too cheesy there," I said wisely.

"No it's not.. Well it doesn't matter. You have to tell her anyways! Just go. Don't worry I'll cover you in case mom and dad wake up."

"Alright.. Okay.. I'm going to tell her," I said anxiously. I put on my shoes and some proper clothes and left the room. I walked backwards again before asking my brother, "Wait, how did you know it was Kelli?"

"A little birdie told me," he said slyly. Erin.

"Now go!"

I hurried out as quietly as possible. I slowly closed the door behind me before making my way to Kelli's house. This is it.. I'm finally going to tell her.

Hey guys! Thanks so much for reading! Thanks to @HarryPotterNut for the suggestion! Don't worry i'll be using the rest of your suggestions for the future chapters tha's about to unfold ;)