Chapter 24

Kelli's POV:

So, it's been weeks since Billy and I started having a fake relationship. Up till today I'm still confused with my feelings. I'm still head over heels for Billy, but what's the point of having these feelings and not being able to do anything about it?

Besides, there have been much less paparazzi these past few days. Even if there are lesser people watching us, I still have to keep up with my relationship with Damon just in case. Speaking of Damon, I got a text from Katherine saying I'm suppose to be meeting him later at this carnival that has just arrived a few days ago. According to her, today was suppose to be our first monthsary. Wow, has it been that long already?

I stopped daydreaming and got into a change of clothes; a navy blue knee-length dress with a pair of ballet flats. I put on some makeup and left the house.

On my wear to the carnival my phone vibrated. I took it out of my purse and noticed it was call from Billy.

"Guess who owns a new cheverolet?" was the first thing he said.

"Omg omg omg! Congrats! You have to give me a ride some time!" I exclaimed into the phone.

"Yeah actually I was going for a quick drive around the neighbourhood. Care to company?" Ugh, why does my monthsary with Damon have to be today of all days!?

"I would love to.. But I can't," I groaned with disappointment. "I got a date Damon.. It's suppose to be our first monthsary. Sorry!"

There was a pause on the other end but it was only for a short while. "Nah, that's okay. Maybe some other time.. Anyways.. Danielle and I have our first monthsary yesterday," Did I mentioned how much pain I feel everytime I hear her name? I haven't even seen her in real life and I don't like her! But... I'm not jealous... am I?

"Ooh, do tell," I said slyly, trying to hide my true feelings.

"Well we didn't do much," Billy muttered.

I waited for him to elaborate. I knew he was trying to hide something from me.

"Man, who am I kidding. I was the one that didn't do anything but pay for the night," he started complaining all of a sudden. I knew it.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously.

"Well, Danielle is the total opposite of who I am. Sure we both like parties.. But her kind of parties are the kind that has lots of drinking and dancing and shoving her tongues into other people's throats," I listened to every single word he was saying. I couldn't tell if I was angry or happy that Billy's girlfriend is such a bitch.

"I don't get it," I say as I reached the entrance to the carnival. I waited at the side for Damon to arrive. Sheesh that guy is never early. "Isn't she your so called girlfriend? Why is she busily making out with other guys when she's supposed to be with you? Won't the cameras see?"

"Danielle and I agreed that we only do this for camera and we won't have any physical relationship with each other. Obviously she didn't mind as long as I let her do whatever she wants, whenever she wants to. The thing about the cameras though, I'm still mindblown. They've manage to capture every single moment when you and I are together, but they've never captured Danielle and I in the clubs with her partying around like crazy."

"You should be lucky," I told him honestly. "She might just be able to ruin your reputation."

"Yeah, that's true. I just wished everyting was all back to where it used to be."

"Me too," I mumbled. We paused for a while. I know I can't see him, but I know we are both just sighing with disappointment. Just then, I noticed Damon walking over. He was waving to me and giving me his usual, dashing smile. I smiled as cheerfully as I could and waved with my free hand.

"Hey, Billy.. I got to go, Damon's coming. I'll see you back at the studio, next week okay?"

"Alright.. Hey.. maybe I could give you a ride."

"That would be great! So I'll see you then?"

"Yeah, see you.. Oh.. And er.. Have fun with your date. Happy monthsary," He didn't really sound as happy as how a normal person would, but I guess it didn't really matter.

"Oh.. yeah...thanks. Bye!"

"Bye," he said and hung up. I quickly slipped my phone back into my purse. When I looked up I noticed Damon was already staring at me.

"How long have you been there?" I asked curiously, wondering which part of my conversation with Billy did he hear.

"Long enough," he said seriously with his arms crossed. I gave him a worried and confused look. Was there something that I said that offended him?

Then he started laughing and gave a pat on my shoulder. "I'm just kidding. I didn't hear a word, I promise."

I heaved a huge sigh of relieved. "It's nothing personal, really. Just congratulated a friend of mine on getting his first car."

"Well, good for him," Damon said and smiled. He ushered me through the entrance and we continued with our job for the day.

***

To be honest, I never expected to have fun at all today. But actually it went pretty well. Thanks to Damon, I got a stuffed teddy bear, which was at the same time his monthsary gift to me. We ate a couple of hot dogs and cotton candy, you know, the typical carnival food stuff.

I also managed to get to know Damon a little better. We talked about our families, friends, likes and dislikes and all those other trivial stuff. To be honest, I don't really mind treating Damon as a friend.

I still don't see him as my boyfriend though. It's just that he and I don't really have the jive or something like that. Whenever I'm around him, I just don't feel that special spark. The worst feelings I probably have ever had with were just nervousness, which was at the beginning of the day, when I first met him.

Eventually we were done for the day. A few of the public noticed our presence and started asking us questions and we pretended to act like a real couple, as usual. The worst was when one them asked me to kiss him. I told them I wouldn't because I was too shy, but boy were they persistent. I eventually gave up and simply gave a peck on the cheek. They were a little disappointed, but that was the most I wanted to give them.

"Sorry you had to do that," Damon said once the people started to disperse.

"You don't have to apologise. It's not your fault," I replied politely.

"Well, let's just hope they got what they want and they can finally leave you in peace."

"Yeah, let's hope so."