Chapter 17

Kelli's POV:

I was walking down a path one morning. I didn't know exactly where I was, but I just kept walking that almost never-ending path. I couldn't see anything infront of me. It all seemed scary at first, but I calmed down once I saw something in a distance. I was completely relieved to find myself at red bridge. I realised I had been walking the park the whole time.

I walked closer and saw Billy at the side of the bridge, though his back was facing me. I was so happy to see him.

"Billy! Thank god you're here, there's strange things going on here and-" I paused as I notice there were hands holding his neck. Obviously they weren't his hands. Those were feminine hands, slender fingers and nicely polished nails.

When I went closer I witnessed the most horrible thing I've ever laid my eyes on. There Billy was, exploring another girl's mouth. I didn't know who that girl was ,but to me that wasn't important. My eyes were opened so wide I had a feeling they were stuck and that I couldn't blink anymore. His hands were all over her body. I can't even explain what else was happening. I wanted to scream, but nothing is coming out of my mouth.

Billy must have noticed my presence, because he slowly pulled away from the girl's lips and turned around. He didn't look suprised to see me.

"Kelli, nice of you to drop by. But I think you can see that I'm kind of busy with something... or someone.. right now," he said, laughing at the last part, winking to the other girl.

"Billy... what... when did this.. Who is she?" I hesitated.

"Kelli, Kelli, Kelli.." he said as he walked closer to me.

"What we had was special, but face it, we can't be together anymore. You think I'm going to wait till we're officially off cameras just to be with you?" he said, placing his hand on my shoulder. I immediately pushed him away.

"What is wrong with you! What happened to all those things you said about me? About us?" I asked, tears already filling up my eyes.

"What I said was the past," he said as he slowly walked away from me.

"Things change, Kelli. People change. You can't expect everything to last forever." he went back to where the girl was waiting.

"Now if you'll excuse me," he said, before planting his lips on the girl's neck.

"Billy! You jerk! How could you do this to me!"

***

Billy's POV:

I was tossing and turning all night long. I seriously couldn't sleep, no matter how tired I was. Just then I heard the sound of screaming.

"No! Billy!"

"Kelli!" I jumped. I leaped out of my bed and ran towards the guest room.

I pushed the door opened and saw Kelli was screaming under the covers with her eyes closed. I ran towards her and shook her shoulders gently.

"Kelli wake up! You're dreaming!" I exclaimed.

Her eyes suddenly flew open.

She was sweating a little. Her eyes were all teary. She was still in a daze, she was literally staring into space. I cupped my hands on her jawline.

"Kelli, don't worry, it's just a dream," I said as I looked into her eyes.

"Billy?" she whispered. She stared at me with eyes as wide as it could. She was completely dazed, a state I've never seen her in before.

"Yeah, it's me.."

I tried to move closer to give her a hug, but instead, she forced her hands onto my chest, attempting to push me away.

"Get away from me!" she yelled, tears forming in her eyes.

"Kelli- Kelli! Kelli!" I tried calling, trying to get her to snap out of it.

"How could you!" she screamed, closing her eyes tightly and started hitting me with all her might.

I couldn't get her to stop crying. She wouldn't stop hitting me. Even if I tried asking her what was her dream about, I'm sure she wouldn't tell me anyway.

I took in every single punch she threw at me. It didn't really hurt, but that didn't stop her. I allowed her to vent her anger onto my chest.

Just as I expected, she grew tired and her punches began to weaken. I took the opportunity and pulled her into me, letting her head rest against me chest. She tried to struggle free, but eventually, she gave in and allowed herself to cry in my arms.

My left hand was holding onto her back, holding her tight, never letting her go. I ran my other hand through her soft, brunette hair, calming her down.

"It's just a dream.." I whispered.

I could feel her nodding. I held onto her for a few more minutes, until Kelli finally spoke up.

"Billy-" she mumbled.

"Yeah?"

"You're crushing me."

"Oh." Without hesitation, I let go of her. I moved away from her a little, giving her some space. "Sorry."

"It's fine. Thank you."

You're welcome. Listen- You.. You don't have to tell me about your dream right now okay? If you want to talk about, I'm always around."

"O-okay," she replied softly.

"Good. You should go back to sleep. Here, I'll tuck you in," I whispered to her. She looked up and nodded. She slowly went back to her pillow and I helped her get into the covers.

"Goodnight Kelli," I said as I kissed her forehead and made my way back to my room.

"Wait." I turned to see Kelli sitting up once more.

"Could.. Could you stay with me?" she mumbled, looking down, playing with her nails.

"Of course I will," I said and got up to join her. I laid down beside her, allowing her head to rest on my chest. I held her hand while waiting for her to fall asleep.

"I wish we could just stay like this forever," Kelli said as she started to close her eyes.

"Me too," I said softly. Soon, we were fast asleep, my hand still interlocked with hers.

What do you guys think?

Sorry if I posted quite late by the way.. Been very busy with school.

I hope you guys liked it :)