Chapter 34

Billy's POV:

"Cassie! Cassie where are you?" I hear Danielle desperately calling out for her dog. Based on her description, Cassie was a young female golden retriever. She was small in size and had a blue leather collar with a locket with 'Cassie' engraved on it.

We've searched everywhere. Behind the bushes and trees, still no sign of her. I didn't want to say it at first, but the whole time during our search, Danielle's been acting a little strange. When I asked if we should go to the pet rescue centre to see if they found her, she started to tense up. She would refuse to go there and insisted that we keep looking.

This is going to be a long day

***

Damon's POV:

"Guys, keep it down! They'll see us!" I whispered to both Jamie and Scott, as loud as I could.

"She won't hold still!" I hear Scott complain from behind me. Cassie couldn't stop trying to get away from his grip. I didn't care at the moment as I was too busy keeping a close eye on Billy and my beloved sister, Danielle, making sure they don't spot us. I pity her sometimes, especially for the fact that she has that loser for a 'boyfriend'.

The vibration from my phone broke my trail of thought. I picked it up and held it against my ear.

"Hey, Kelli!" I said cheerfully.

"Hey, Damon. I'm at the entrance. Where are you?" she asked. I turned my head a little and sure enough, there she was.

"Wow, you sure are a fast walker! I'm almost there. Hey! Why don't you take a walk first?" I asked her, giving the boys a thumbs up, letting them know the plan was almost getting into place.

"Oh.. Er.. Sure. Call me when you've reached!" she replied. We said our goodbyes and hang up. There is only one path from the entrance, and it leads to our very hidden location.

I immediately dialed my sister's number. It took her a while but she finally picked up.

Before I gave Danielle a chance to say anything, I told her, "She's coming your way. Proceed with the plan."

***

Billy's POV:

"What if I can't find her? She's only a little girl.. She can't survive on her own!" Danielle was panicking now. Before I could say anything, her phone rang and she immediately picked it up. I watched as she listened to the speaker on the pther side of the line attentively, as if she was given instructions.

She didn't even speak a word during the conversation. She hung up and slowly walked towards me. Her worried look had reappeared once again.

Her eyes started turning red. I could tell she was already in the verge of tears. I did what any gentleman would do. I gave her a hug.

"Don't worry, we'll find her."

Suddenly, I heard the rustling of bushes from behind us. I pulled away from Danielle, telling her to stay put. I walked slowly towards the bushes. Before I knew it, a dog jumped out from them and pounced onto me. I laughed as the dog's paws were resting on my stomach. I lifted the little fellow to see her collar.

"Danielle, I found her!" I called out, once I noticed the collar that matched with the description.

"Oh, my gosh, Billy! Thank you so much!" She exclaimed as she stroked Cassie's head.

"Aww, I missed you so much!" she said she she made weird kissy faces to her dog. She then stood up brushed her skirt, looking suddenly a little shy.

"Thanks again, Billy. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Hey, it's no big deal. I told you we would find her," I said politely. I couldn't help but notice she was closer to me than before. She smiled shyly and I simply smiled back.

The next thing I was just pure utter shock. Before I could back away, she leaned in and smashed her lips onto mine.

I was completely off guard, I didn't know what to do. She had both my hands in her grip, making sure I couldn't pull away.

"Billy?" my eyes widened as I heard the familiar voice. I used a stronger, but not a  violent force to pull away from Danielle's firm grip and turned around.

There she was. Kelli. I took in everything that I saw. Her long, wavy brown hair, her pair of beautiful, deep set of brown eyes and her soft, pink lips.

But then I realised she must have seen what had happened. Her eyes were tearing up and her face turned red. I took a step towards her, only to find her taking two steps back.

"Kelli, it's not what it looks like," I tried to explain myself. The amount of guilt I have inside of me is just unbearable.

"Stay away from me!" She screamed. I stood there, completely stunned and watched her run.

Away.

From me.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Danielle, who seems to be..

Flirting with me?

"It's okay, Billy. You still have me," she said as she stroking my arm. I shivered and backed away.

There was so many things I wanted to yell at her about. But that will have to wait. I have to find Kelli.

I have to get her back.

***

Danielle's POV:

I watched as Billy sprinted across the park, trying to catch up to that girl Damon's planning on fooling around with his friends. Well, boys got to be boys.

"Hey, bro. The plan worked. He's going after her though. But don't worry, I don't think she would forgivr him anytime soon," I told Damon on the phone. By now, he should be making his way to the second part of the plan.

"Alright, thanks sis. I couldn't have done it without you." We hung up and I looked at my watch.

"Oooh, time to get drunk!" I exclaimed and made my way to the entrance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey! I know this is kind of short! I'm so sorry! >< I'm getting a lot homework, so I'll be pretty busy...

Next chapter will be up hopefully by the end of this week or maybe the beginning of the next.

Thanks for reading!

Vote and comment!