Chapter 21

Billy's POV:

"It's going to be okay," I said to my two siblings as I was putting on my sneakers. I was suppose to meet my fake girlfriend today. The location where I was told to go was at the pier. I have no idea what we were going to do there. Heck, I have never even met her.

"No it's not! How could they do this to my little brother!" Erin exclaimed, pacing up

and down the hallway.

"I agree. It's not fair that everyone else gets to experience true love but you guys. You're meant for each other!" Eric joined in.

"That's the perks of being an actor l guess," I said sarcastically.

"Besides," I continued. "It's not going to last forever. Once the public stops watching us, I don't have to be in this fake relationship anymore."

"And how long will that be? Billy, how long do you want to wait? How long do you think Kelli's going to wait? Who knows by the time it's over, your feelings for her or worse, her feelings for you will be over too?" Erin questioned.

"I don't know!" I exclaimed. "I don't know," I mumbled again. Erin walked up to me and gave me a hug.

"I'm sorry you have to go through this. Whatever it is, just know that Eric and I are here for you. Always."

"Thanks guys. I can't ask for a better brother and sister." They wished me one final good luck and I left, slowly making my way to the pier.

***

"Yeah, I don't care how long it takes, just make sure you get it!" she was screaming into her phone. It's already been an hour since I first met my fake girlfriend. Her name is Danielle Osborne. She's 16, a year younger than me. As you can tell, she has already set a bad impression. I sympathysed whoever was on the other side of the call.

Danielle is an actress by day, but a major party girl by night. She told me how fun it was to be able to sneak into those clubs for adults and drink as much as she pleased. Surprisingly she was proud of it. Besides her mean personality and heck care attitude, I also didn't like the way she was dressed. She had a top that showed her cleavage and belly button, which by the way had been pierced. Her skirt was so short, if I wanted to avoid eye contact with her, I could not look down. Overall, she was just disturbing.

"Sorry about that," she said as she stuffed her phone back into her purse. "My sweet 16 is coming and the planner I hired just told me that the ice sculpture is not going to be ready on time. Don't you just hate it when things don't go the way you want them to?"

"Yeah, depressing," I moaned, still trying my best to be as friendly as possible. No matter how much I didn't want to be here, I have to keep my camera face on. Who knows there will some paparazzi hidden somewhere in the bushes. I tried my best to smile and laugh at everything she says.

***

"I had fun," I lied. "Sorry I can't send you home. I just got my lisence but I haven't got a car yet."

"I had fun too. It's alright. Hey, if my daddy likes you, he could just get you one," Talk about rich.

"No, you don't have to do that, really."

"I'm just saying.. Oh my ride's here. You want to come along?" I saw a big black limo just about to pull over. Woah.

"No it's okay. I live just nearby. Thanks anyway. I'll.. I'll let you when is our next date," I said. She smiled and got into the limo and they drove off, leaving me alone, finally in peace.

I heaved a sigh of relief and headed home. On my way back I passed my the ice cream parlour. Maybe a chocolate sundae can cheer me up.

With the delicious dessert in hand, I made my way back.

***

"I'm home," I called out as I closed the door behind me.

"Mom and Dad aren't back yet. How did the date go?" I could hear Erin quickly making her way downstairs. Eric then appeared from the kitchen, munching away his ham and cheese sandwich.

"Let's just say she was nothing like I'd expected," I groaned as I flung myself onto the couch.

"Well, what was she like?" Eric asked, making his way next to me.

"Nothing like Kelli that's for sure. She has a totally different way of talking to others. She wear extremely provocative clothing and shes completely spoiled!" I complained.

"Wow, I'm sorry bro. You deserve so much better," Eric said as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Well, I guess it's obvious that I'm never going to end up having feelings for her," I admitted. Which reminded me. I wonde how it went with Kelli's date? Did it turn out as bad as mine? Or maybe it turned out well instead. just the thought of it gave me a headache.

"What are you going to do now?" I could tell the both of them were really disappointed.

"There's nothing much I can do. I'm just going to keep having this relationship with this Danielle and see what happens."

I got up from the couch and headed up to my room. I took a really long shower. I spent forever just getting my head wet and not doing anything else. Eventually I got out and I quickly put on my clothes and got into bed early.

I wished there was something I could do to get away from this mess.