Chapter 14

Billy's POV:

"I'm going to tell her... I'm going to tell her," I whispered to myself constantly on way to Kelli's house. It wasn't very late, but I hoped she would still be awake. Maybe I should call her, just to be safe.

5 times I've dialled her number and waited, 5 times she didn't answer. She's always been unanswering my calls these past few weeks, i don't even know why. Was it something I did? I have to find out. I decided to call Kirra, Kelli's sister, to see if she knows anything.

Thankfully, she picked up after the third ring.

"Yellow?" was the first thing she said. I was surprised she was still awake.

"Hey, Kirra? Billy here. Is Kelli around? I've been trying to call her but she hasn't been answering my calls. Is she okay?" I bombarded her with all my questions.

"No she sneaked out a few minutes ago. Don't worry, she does that all the time. She's fine," Kirra reassured.

"Do you know where she could have gone?" I asked her hopefully.

"No, I don't. She doesn't talk about her sneaking off sessions cause she doesn't want mom and dad finding out."

"Alright. Thanks anyways. Bye."

"Bye." and we hung up.

I put my phone back into my pocket and headed towards the park. I know exactly where she could have gone.

***

Once there, I ran towards the red bridge. By then it was already dark so I couldn't really see well. As I went closer I heard someone crying. I tried to focus under the dim light but I figured out who the person was.

"Kelli?"

Kelli's POV:

I couldn't stop crying. I don't know why. I'm really confused with all these emotions that's been getting on my nerves. I don't really know how I truly feel about Billy. I thought avoiding him was a good idea, but all it did was make things worse. I feel guilty for hurting Billy's feelings everytime I ignore his calls or cancel his plans. I need something, a sign, to help me realise what are these I'm feeling.

"Kelli?" I heard someone say from behind me. I turned around to see Billy, trying to catch his breathe.

"Billy? W...What are you doing here? No.. It.. It doesn't matter.. I have to go..." I said and turned to run away. Away from my problems like I always do.

"Kelli, wait!" Billy shouted and grabbed my arm before it was too late. He turned me around to face him. The first thing I saw was his eyes that glistened under the stars. I noticed he was upset, almost angry or something.

"Why do you keep avoiding me, Kelli?" he asked, still gripping onto my arms.

"Let me go!" I pleaded.

"No! I am not going to let you go until you tell me why you've been ignoring me all this time. It's like I dont even know you anymore," Billy said angrily.

I stopped struggling.

"I can't tell you," I mumbled before starting to burst into tears again.

Billy started to losen his grip.

"But why? I can't live like this anymore. It's been weeks since we hung out and we hardly have a proper conversation. The only times we ever talked were when we're on set saying our lines," he said, sounding more disappointed than angry.

"You're my best friend.. Whatever you have to say about me you have to tell me. Wether you suddenly hate me or something... I'll always respect your desicion."