Chapter 10

Kelli's POV:

I can't believe Billy is leaving again. I remembered how upset I was when he left the first time..

~Flashback~

I was in my room doing my homework when I heard my mom calling from downstairs.

"Kelli, the phone's for you! It's Billy!"

"Coming, mom!" I said as I put down my pen and headed downstairs.

"Hey Billy, what's up?" I said as I took the phone from my mom and held it towards my ear.

"Hey, Kelli.. There's.. There's something I need to tell you. It's important," Billy said urgently. Something's not right.

"Of course. What's wrong?" I asked curiously.

"I.. I'm leaving," Billy said hesitantly.

"What? I don't get it. What's going on?" I really didn't like where this conversation was going.

"What I'm trying to say is.. Look. My dad is going on a business trip and it's back in my hometown in Florida," he explained.

"What!? When!? Why? Can't you and your mom stay?" I asked hopefully.

"That's what I thought. But.." he paused.

"The trip is three years long."

I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything.

"Kelli, are you still there?" he asked.

"Y.. yeah," I mumbled.

"I'm really sorry Kelli. I'd wish I'd known earlier. I would have told you sooner before I leave," he explained.

"It's okay. I'm sure we can make the rest of the amount of time we have until then," I assured, though I was nearly close tears. "When are you leaving?"

He didn't anything. I was wondering if he was still there.

"The plane leaves tonight, in just a few hours," he finally said.

"Oh," was all that came out of my mouth.

"I..it's alright.. We'll see each other again. You will come back, right?" I asked, tears already streaming down my face.

"Don't worry, Kelli. I promise I'll come back. I.. I have to go. We're leaving soon."

"Oh.. O..okay.. Goodbye then."

"Goodbye." and with that, he hung up.

"I'll miss you.." I whispered to the phone, even knowing he is already gone.

As I put down the phone, I noticed my mom had been watching me from the kitchen doorway. She stretched out her hands and I ran and fell into them.

He was one of the only friends I have. He was the who understood me, and likes me for who I am. And now he's gone..

~End of Flashback~

Once my dad parked his car in the garage, I quickly opened the door and went inside. I took a nice long shower, clearing my mind at the same time. I got into a pair of skinny jeans and a pink tshirt and put on my brown thick jacket. It was really cold at night so I decided to wear a scarf and a beanie as well. I put on my pink high cuts and sat on the edge of my bed, waiting for everyone in the house to fall asleep.

I sneaked out of my room and went to my parents' room. The door was ajar so I peeked in. They were both snoring. I tiptoed to my sister's room. I peeked in and she was asleep as well. As the coast was clear, I quietly opened the door and left, going to the place I could always go at times like this.

There I stood, on the red bridge, looking into the clear sparkling water. I think I've been coming here way too often. I couldn't help myself. I've been facing way too many problems ever since I started school. I don't know if I have ever told anyone this, but I've always been an outcast. And for the wrong reasons too. You might think it's because I'm someone who simply just doesn't fit in school, but it wasn't always that way. I don't like to say this, but I was always the girl everyone talks about. Guys always wanted to be with me and girls wanted to be me.

It was really nice at first, but it started to annoy me that they think I'm the best at everything, which I'm not. I don't get As on all my subjects. I'm not the class president, or had any important position in the school for that matter. I tried telling people to stop, but it was no use. They all think I'm.. perfect.

That all changed when Jason stepped into the picture. We used to be just classmates in school. But after the day Billy left, I didn't talk to anyone for almost a week. All of a sudden Jason came up to me while I was at my locker asking me if I was okay, and asked if I needed anything. I didn't know him very well so I said I was fine and thanked him for the offer. It all went so fast, I realised three weeks later Jason and I started hanging out. I was too upset I guessed my mind was simply on autopilot or something.

It was great then. I was finally happy again. I thought I found the guy of my dreams. The only part that sucked was the people started to talk about me more than before. Then, it all changed. When I found out Jason had been cheating on me, I didn't even confront to him. I don't even remember telling any of my friends at the time. Word somehow spread and almost the whole school knew about it. Then everyone staring talking about how stupid I was to date Jason. Apparently he was known as the schools' playboy. Everybody knew except, well, me.

My heart has been broken way too many times. I can't bear it anymore. I just can't take the fact that people take advantage of me. They use my feelings as an advantage to get what they want and later they're just going to leave you again. I don't even know what to think right now.