Chapter 23

Kelli's POV:

"Of course Billy, what is it?" I asked my best friend.

"Actually I was thinking if we could talk in private," he leaned closer and whispered in my ear. I turned around and noticed our agents who were watching us closely.

I smiled and nodded. We took our things and took a cab to somewhere just out of town. We wanted to go somewhere further so the paparazzi would have a harder time looking for us. Eventually we found ourselves laughing our heads off while enjoying a large pepperoni pizza.

"They should make more pizza places in our neighbourhood," I complained as I took a large bite from my slice of pizza.

"I agree," Billy said with his mouth full. He swallowed his food and continued, "But I don't think anyone would be interested in delivering pizzas. Our neighbourhood is filled with... unusual people."

"Say no more. I know exactly what you mean. One time, I was selling cookies for some donation drive or something a few years ago. I've met tons of weirdos, from plain cranky old guys to drunk pedophiles," I could feel chills running down my spine just thinking about it. Billy simply smiled and laughed to himself.

"What's so funny?" I asked curiously, crossing both my arms. "For your information, something bad could have happened to me."

"No it's not that. It's just... It's nice."

"What is?"

"You know, this. You and me finally having some time alone and not having to deal with other people. We can just be us, best friends with yet a lot of catching up to do," Billy explained. He was took another slice of pizza and started munching it away.

"Yeah, I guess it is," I mumbled. Just friends huh? I guess that's all Billy and I will ever be.

"By the way, what was it that you wanted to ask me? You know, earlier on at the studio?" I spoke up, breaking the silence between us.

Suddenly, Billy stopped chewing and looked down. He swallowed and took a sip from his soda.

"Yeah, about that," he said awkwardly, running his fingers through his hair. "I was going to ask you, how your date with your boyfriend went."

"Oh that," my heart sunk. I was hoping Billy would never bring this up. "Damon's okay I guess. Friendly, understanding, kind of charming.. Just a few words to sum him up." Honestly, saying Damon was charming was a serious under-statement. Damon was *'stop eating hot'.

"Oh, sounds like a nice guy," Billy sounded a little upset. Was he jealous? Nah. Could he?

"He's okay. How about your girlfriend?" I asked Billy curiously. Although I hoped his girl was pretty and sweet and everything, deep down inside I was wishing she was a bitch. I guess you can say I get jealous easily.

"Danielle is... different. That's all I can say," Billy replied frankly.

"Oh," I mumbled. "Good different or a bad different?"

"I... I don't know. Just... different," I could tell Billy didn't want to answer my questions. I wonder what Billy was hiding from me about Danielle. Ugh, I bet she's beautiful and perfect. Billy probably just didn't say much so he wouldn't hurt my feelings.

"Well whatever the different is, I bet she's wonderful," I said cheerfully, trying to hide away my jealousy.

"I guess," he mumbled. "Can we not talk about our fake dates? Let's talk about something that's actually real," he said as he grabbed a napkin and wiped his mouth.

"Ugh, I thought you'd never ask," I said and heaved a sigh of relief. I grabbed a another napkin and wiped my mouth as well.

"Hold on, you've got a little ketchup there," Billy said as he pointed to the right side of my lips. I took the napkin and tried to wipe it off.

"It's still there," he said and laughed.

"What? How can it?" I said an touched my mouth trying to feel the ketchup stain.

"Here, let me get it for you," Billy took the napkin from my hand and leaned foward. He didn't even try to wipe it off. He was just stroking the side of my lips. His eyes weren't busy checking for the stain. Instead they were fixed on mine. I laughed once I realised what he was trying to do.

"There was never a stain, was there?" I said as I held onto his wrist, pulling his hand away. The rough napkin was really bothering me.

"I can never get away with anything when I'm with you Kelli, you know that?" Billy complained and pretended to sulk.

"That's what you get when you're friends with a smart-ass," I said sarcastically.

Billy smiled and stood up. "Alright, you win. Should we get going? It's getting late and the journey's not going to be a short one."

I nodded in agreement and stood up as well. We eventually got a cab and made our way home. We were still laughing and having fun during our journey back. We were laughing so hard, I had a feeling the driver was annoyed with us.

Billy must have noticed I was getting sleepy because I think I've had yawned a couple of times for the past five minutes. He didn't talk the rest of the way back. He leaned my head close to his chest and I fell asleep almost instantly. The last thing I remembered hearing was the sound of his heart beating almost in unision with mine.

***

"Kelli, wake up. We're here." I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. I looked at the window and I noticed we were already pulling up the driveway up to my house. I stretched my arms and slowly opened the door while Billy payed the driver. Soon we were both on my doorstep. I opened the door and looked into the living room. No one was in sight.

"Everyone must be in bed already," I whispered. Billy stepped in for a while. If we were going to talk, we better do it inside, away from cameras.

"Today was great Billy. I've never had so much fun since forever," I smiled.

"Me too," Billy mumbled. He stared deeply into my eyes. He began stroking my hair and smiled to himself.

"I know I'm not suppose to say this, but... I really missed you," he said softly and placed his hand on my cheek.

"Billy I-" before I could finish my sentence, his lips were already crashed into mine. I was surprised at first. We weren't suppose to be doing this. But I didn't care. His lips were all I was wanted to think about.

I wrapped my hands around his neck and deepened my lips into his. His hands slowly moved down to my waist. I slid mine down to his chest. Our lips never left each other's. I kissed Billy like I've never kissed him before. My heart was racing and knees were getting weak. The kiss lasted for like a really long time. We ran out of breathe and slowly pulled away.

"Kelli, did I ever tell you you take my breathe away?" Billy smiled and leaned his forehead against mine. I laughed and brought my lips against his once more. I could tell he was smiling when I kissed him.

We pulled away once again. We knew if we made any sound, we would be in deep trouble. He said his final goodbye and gave him one last kiss and he left.

I leaned my back against the front door once I closed it. I couldn't help but smile like a goofball. Little did I know, Billy was doing the same on the other side of the door.

*stop-eating hot:

from the old popular series, Friends, this term is what Joey Tribiani feels is hot at its highest level

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think ;)

Oooh I would love to know which country my readers are from! Let me know in the comments too? ^^

Just friends? (Billy Unger/ Kelli Berglund fanfiction) [ON HOLD]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें