Chapter 38

Hello dear readers! I want to use this time to thank you for staying with me up to this point of the story! As a show of gratitude I have written a chapter which is defintely longer than usual. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kelli's POV:

A few male cops went inside the house. One of them made his way towards Billy. He looked to be in his mid thirties.

"Did you make the call?" he asked.

"Yeah. The guys are inside, I took them out for you."

"Brave move, kid. Good job," he Billy a pat on the shoulder. "I'll ask the lad a few questions first. Officer Jones will be taking care of you for the time being," he said to me.

Behind him came a female cop. She was younger, probably in her early twenties. She had a nice tone of dark skin and short, wavy black hair. I gave Billy a small smile before making my towards the her.

"I'm Officer Jones, but for now just call me Sarah," she introduced herself, before placing a hand on my shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"A little sore, but I'll be fine. Thanks."

"You're Kelli Beglund aren't you?"

"Sure am." looks like everybody knows me. Even cops.

"My niece watches your show, Lab Rats. She really adores you!" she said, with a huge smile on her face.

"Aww that's so sweet! Well, the next time you see her, tell her I said hi."

"Will do. But right now let's settle some more important things first," she said,  taking out a small notepad. "We'll start from the beginning. Tell me what happened."

"Well," I began, straining my head, trying to remember. "Damon, who was supposedly my 'boyfriend' brought me to this club. It was in the middle of nowhere so I can't give you an exact location as to where it is. Anyways, we went inside and.. I remember going to to the bathroom. When I came out, the drinks that Damon bought us came. It was really good, though ever since I started drinking it, I felt really woozy and my brain went all fuzzy. Before I knew it, I passed out. Then I woke up here."

Officer Jones, or Sarah, had been listening attentively as she busily wrote everything down into her tiny notepad. She unexpectedly looked up and asked, "was it a fizzy drink? Like soda?"

"Well.. Yeah," I raised an eyebrow. "How would you know?"

"There's a possibility he could have put in some drug into your drink, which caused you to pass out. When a pill or tablet is added to it, it dissolves, causing the drink to fizz. That's why soda is commonly bought. To cover up the secret," she explained.

My eyes widened upon hearing what she had said. Just as she finished, the cops that were inside the house earlier came out, somewhat dragging the handcuffed and almost consious guys. Damon looked up and noticed me glaring at him. Yet, he had the decency to return a smirk.

I watched as the cops pushed the guys into their cars, before driving away.

I looked away and groaned in frustration. "I can't believe I trusted him!" I exclaimed. "He'd always been there for me, especially during the tough times these past few weeks. Now I know he was after something else and not my heart."

Sarah offered me a warm hug. "I don't think I'll ever trust another boy again," I paused, remembering my previous relationship with Jason. "They lie.. They always lie."

"Now, honey you know that is not true. Not all boys are like that," Sarah argued.

"Yeah? Then why is it that all my relationships I've been having always end up in failure?" I was desperate to know the answer to that question.