Scandal 1 - In which the wife tries to run away

Scandal 1 – In which the wife tries to run away

Hindi nawala ang pagbilis ng tibok ng puso ni Cassandra, siguro dahil alam niyang hindi pa sigurado ang pagkatakas niya kay James haggang nasa high way pa ang sasakyan ay kaya pang makahabol si James. Mawawala lang ang kaba niya kapag malayo na siya kay James, kapag natago na siya ni Anton.

She knew James would try to hunt her down it was his job. He would never let her go no matter what. He promised seven years ago that he’d make her life a living hell and he never did break that promise.

Her life was hell. She was damn miserable. And all she wanted right now was to be free.

“Ma’am, hinahabol na po tayo ni sir.” Sabi ng driver ni Cassandra na nakatingin sa kanya sa may rearview mirror.

Napalingon si Cassandra sa likod niya at nakita ang mabilis na pagtakbo ng Ferrari ni James. “Manong dalian mo. Malapit na yung intersection.” Kinakabahan niyang utos sa driver. Sa oras na makapag left turn na sila sa intersection mahihirapan na si James na habulin sila at ang tanging dasal lang niya ngayon ay makaabot sila sa intersection.

Binilisan ng driver ang pagpapatakbo sa sasakyan pero sa huli ay naabutan sila ni James at hinarang nito ang Ferrari sa harap ng sasakyan, napapreno ng malakas ang driver. The driver looked at her frantically.

She didn’t know what to do. She was trapped. She knew once James have her, she’d be dead. He might send her to some godforsaken land alone again.

Bumaba ng Ferrari si James at mabilis itong nagpunta sa side ni Cassandra, halatang galit na galit ito. Sinubukan nitong buksan ang pinto, kumatok ito sa bintana at tinignan ng masama si Cassandra. “Open the goddamn door Cassandra.” He growled.

She didn’t. She acted calm and just sat straight looking in front and not on her side. She knew James would get his way so she needed to act as if she was calm and hide the dread she was feeling.

Gamit ang kamao nito ay binasag nito ang bintana. Cassandra flinched. James opened her door and yanked her out of the car.

“Binatwan mo nga ako!” Cassandra hissed. She knew the other cars stopped just to watch the drama unfolding right in front of their eyes.

James turned to her and shot her his deadly glare. He was angry. Very angry. “Don’t you dare.” He hissed her. With his right hand tightly gripped on Cassandra’s arm, he walked toward his car then stopped. He turned his attention to the driver who just got out of the car looking so scared. “Bring my wife’s things back to the estate and then pack your bags, you’re fired.”

Cassandra turned her head to the driver and shot him a reassuring look, telling him with her eyes that he needed not to worry. She made a mental note not to forget to tell Anton about the poor driver.

James started to walk back to his car and because she could no longer resist, knowing it would be futile to try and would just add fuel to the fire, she let him drag her. He pushed her inside the car and circled his way back to the driver seat.