Scandal 57 - In which the brother shows his true colors

Scandal 57 – In which the brother shows his true colors

“That’s a lie, Anton.” Cassandra denied, it wasn’t true what Anton was telling her. James wouldn’t do that. Although she had no reason not to believe Anton, for Anton never lied to her.

“I saw him, Cass.”

She gripped her phone on her hand, damn it, not only her head was throbbing hard but now this. James came to the inn to visit his whore. Goddamn him. “I trust James.” She swallowed.

She did. She trusted him not to sleep with Angelique again after all everything she said about her. After all the revelations she revealed. James wouldn’t cheat on her.

“I know and I am not calling you because I wanted to smear his name with you. I just wanted you to know that he’s here at the inn.” Anton said, “And I’m also calling you to tell you it’s over.”

Her eyes widened in surprise, “It is?”she asked, “Then are you going to see Olivia?”

He laughed, “You really think I’m in love with Olivia.”

“Well you are.” She pointed out.

After a moment of silence, he spoke, “I do love her. And I’m getting her back.”

“Good luck.” After Anton told her about how he’d planned to get Olivia back, they hung. She put the phone down beside her and looked up to see Hunter and Silas staring at her obviously waiting for her.

She raised her eyebrow at them, what did they want her to say? Okay, she had a brain tumor, not that it would change anything, she only had one month left still. And they wanted her to get it out. They really were funny.

So it was a good thing, Anton called her.

“Hunter, would you be so kind in accompanying me to the inn?” she asked, if there was something she ought to do that was to visit that whore of his husband and finally put her into place.

Silas furrowed his brow, “Why are you going to the inn?” he asked, knowing that his ex-fiancée was staying there.

She shrugged, “Anton’s leaving and I need to say goodbye before he does.” She lied.

And Hunter saw her lies but nodded, “I’ll tell Phillips to ready the car.” And left.

Silas left only after telling her that she needed to get the tumor out and he’d be the one operating her. She trusted him to do it well, but nothing would really change tumor or not.

When Hunter came back, he placed her hand over his arm and escorted her out of the house and into the car waiting at the driveway.