Scandal 19 - In which the husband lies to the wife

Scandal 19 – In which the husband lies to the wife

One of the footmen opened the door as soon as the car was on the driveway, Cassandra quickly hopped out of the car and entered the house, and Bert greeted and asked her about her vacation as if their master wasn’t sick at all.

She ignored Bert and ran upstairs to James’ room. As soon as she opened the door, she saw James at his desk concentrating on his laptop. She frowned, she looked at James carefully and realized she had been fooled.

James spun his head towards her, smiled tightly then stood up walking towards her. “You still look sick.”

She glared at him. “You!” she sputtered. “You lying, manipulative ass!” she swung her hand at him.

He grabbed her by her wrist, glared at her, “I wouldn’t call me manipulative.”

Cassandra tried to pull her arm, “You knew I’d run back home if you tell Linda that you’re sick.” She shot him a glare still wiggling out of his grasp. “How could you? I left to take my mind off things.” She softened her gaze.

James, startled by her gaze loosened his grip. “You couldn’t do that here?” he asked sharply.

“No! This is prison James. I wanted to get the hell away from this prison!”

“THIS ISN’T A FUCKING PRISON! THIS IS OUR HOME!” James snapped.

She stepped back, taken aback by his reaction. Hindi niya alam kung anong dapat sabihin kay James, hindi niya alam kung paano niya ipapaliwanag sa asawa na hindi ito isang tahanan para sa kanya. This is prison. James would never understand that.

Alam ni Cassandra na kahit anong ulit niyang paliwanag kay James, hindi nito maiintindihan dahil hindi naman nakikinig si James. James wanted to be in control of everything, especially her life. So how could she explain to him that even a place as grand as this estate it would still be a prison and he would still be the jailer.

Naglakad si Cassandra papunta sa settee sa may tapat ng fireplace at umupo. She rest her hands on her knees, looked straight to the fire studying it closely. “James, I miscarried.” pagsisimula niya. “And it hurts. James no matter how time passes by I still long for a child of my own. I still long for the what ifs, what if I didn't get into that car that night? What if I didn’t leave you? Would I have my baby in my arms? I didn’t want to think of those things again James, I safely locked all those feelings so that I could still live without the guilt eating me.”

James silently sat beside her taking her hand and holding it tightly.

“Seven years ago I have reasons to try not blaming myself for the accident, I had you to blame or Hunter or Angelique. I had so many resources to blame but now…” she shook her head. “Only myself. Because James it is my fault.” She turned her head to look at him. “And this house…” she looked over the room. “I needed to get the hell away from here because I feared I’d lose my mind. I can’t take it James. The guilt, the loss I feel for my baby. James I lost another baby and it happened here.” Using her other hand, she brushed the one tear that fell from her eyes.