Scandal 61 - In which the husband learns about the wife

Scandal 61 – In which the husband learns about the wife

Cassandra stared through the window, she was still replaying in her mind her conversation with Anton a while ago.

Alam niya na may kaunting katotohanan ang sinabi ni Anton pero eto naman ang tamang gawin diba?

“Alam mo kahit kailan hindi ako naging duwag. Pinaglaban ko yung nararamdaman ko haggang sa huli. Lumaban ako. Kayo ni James, ni minsan hindi ko kayong nakitang lumaban para sa isa’t isa. When things get tough you runaway. Both of you. You never fought, you just give up and now that’s what you’re doing: giving up the chance to be with him. Fight Cassandra, if not for him then for yourself.”

How could she fight though, her body was weakening and the will to fight was starting to fade. She was tired if not for little Alexi she would have given up entirely.

Even Dr. Gold, Dr. Torres—who flew to Denmark for her—and Silas were giving up. Her body was giving up. No amount of chemo would help her and they couldn’t do the brain surgery if her body was weak. They needed a transplant. A bone marrow transplant.

And even the richest people in the world cannot just order a donor. No, they were no exceptions, they needed to wait for the donor.

She missed James, she missed him so much that she had to fight the urge to call him and just hear his voice.

As she heard the door opened, she turned her head to the door and smiled at Prince Roderick and Alexi. She waved at them and Alexi came running toward her. He settled into her lap, she couldn’t say no to him even when her legs were weak.

“How are you Aunt Cassie?” Alexi asked looking through her eyes for the truth.

“I am fine, my sweet little Alexi.” She loved this kid, she knew without doubt that this kid was loved by everyone, he had that effect in him.

He scrunched his nose, “Mommy’s worried. I hear her always pacing around my Lego palace. You're not leaving are you?”

She shook her head, “I don’t know yet. You haven’t given me room in your Lego palace that I’m feeling a little sad.” She pouted.

He pouted right back, “I will make you your room.” He said giddy, “Daddy will you help me?”

Roderick nodded, “Of course, though I’m sure Cousin Axel would be offended you haven’t’ asked him.”

The kid thought for a while, grinned then jumped off her, “Cousin Axel will mostly do well than you daddy.” And ran out of her room.

Roderick shook his head in amusement. Then he looked at her and studied her for a moment. “The doctors want you to the hospital.” He stated.

She nodded, “I know.” She answered, “How are things with Anya?” she changed the topic.