Scandal 33 - In which the husband finds the letter

Scandal 33 – In which the husband finds the letter

He knows.

Cassandra sat on the chaise, her shoulders slumped, hand clutching her phone and her eyes shut. She was sure James knew now and she didn’t know what to do. She knew they would fight, this whole thing would go all over. God, she couldn’t handle any screaming matches.

She shouldn’t blame the assistant who made the mistake because it was just an honest mistake but by God, she did. Caroline called her and told her about what her assistant did, she had sent an invitation for the art show to London. Caroline had apologized, she knew James didn’t know and that she would never go to the opening.

She knew anytime now James would call and demand answers. She wanted to think of how to control the situation but she couldn’t. There wasn’t anything she could do. James was staying at Rosslyn Hall and all her mails including the ones sent in their London townhouse would be sent to Rosslyn Hall.

James would know about it, no doubt.

She startled when her phone rang, nervously she looked at the screen and sighed when she saw it wasn’t James, it was just Anya. For a week now, wherever she went it seemed that Anya was there also so they got to talk. No insults here and there, just talked about what they had in common: ART.

It was nice to talk to someone who knew what they were really talking about. Art wasn’t something anyone could spout nonsense. Art was a scared thing.

“I’ll be flying to Chicago in two days, do you want to ride with me?” Anya asked, in four days time was the opening, and Anya was still insisting she came.

She told Anya she couldn’t. But now seeing that James knew or would know about it, she guessed there wasn’t any more reason as to hide under the name Pen Carmichael. “Sure.”

“You’d have a great time… wait… did you just say you will?”

“Yeah. I’m pretty sure James knows so let’s no more risk.” Cassandra said.

“Good because a great artist shouldn’t hide.”

She smiled. “I’ll talk to you later. I have some pressing matter to deal with.” She said and hung up. The pressing matter was the migraine that she knew was coming. She tossed her phone then laid back to the chaise, she placed her arm to cover her eyes, she was near in tears, it damn hurt so much.

Not just her head anymore but also her throat. Something was wrong. All week, she had been feeling a little out of it, she had fever and Linda even feared about pneumonia but she was lucky enough that it was just the flu.

She heard her door opened, expecting it was Linda, she asked for her meds. She heard the rustle at the side of her room and then Linda’s footsteps. She dropped her arm then opened her eyes, Linda was kneeling in front of her with the meds in her hand and glass of water in the other.